Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GodBlessTMR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2013, 08:10 PM
    Am I a true Boy Scout if I started late?
    I started at the age of thirteen, and I never joined the cub scouts. I am a first class patrol leader in my Boy Scout troop. I need advice. What kind of a Boy Scout am I if I joined the organization so late? (this is NOT a rhetorical question)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
    You are a boy scout, the number of years does not matter, you are a scout from the first day you join.
    There is no requirement to be a cub scout before being a boy scout.

Actually this seems like a really silly question, sorry, is someone making fun or you? Have you talked to a scout leader about it
    fdsaqwerish Posts: 30, Reputation: 14

Mar 24, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Hello Scout,

Regardless of how long you have been in your troop you are a good and worthy boyscout granted you contribute to the troop, which it is clear that you are doing considering that you have made it to first class and are your patrols leader. Never doubt yourself as a scout and move forward. As long as you follow the scout oath and law no one can claim that you are acting in a way "unscoutlike". I am an eagle scout from a Maryland troop so I can understand the pressures you may be undergoing. Goodluck!

-fdsaqwerish
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2013, 01:03 PM
    When you join has no bearing on what type of scout you are. The only thing that matters is how well you follow scout law.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2013, 02:54 PM
    I agree with FrChuck - hard to believe this is a serious question. A Scout leader doesn't know this - ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 days late then started, could I still be pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

I was four days lat then started my period. I'v been having a few of the symptoms of pregnancy. I took a test the day before my period and it was negative. But I feel like I am pregnant. Could I be?

What is Scout's relastionship with Scout? [ 2 Answers ]

e.g. is it good or bad? This is vitally important. Go raibh maith agat.

Which is the true church started by Jesus Christ? [ 121 Answers ]

A discussion called "IS the 'Church' the same as the 'Roman Catholic Church'?" was quite abruptly terminated which I feel is unfair and the discussion remains incomplete. So does the 'Church' mentioned in the Bible refer to the RCC.

My period started late could I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My period started a week late is it possible I am still pregnant I did some home pregnancy tests all came back negative

View more questions Search