Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lreum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2013, 10:29 AM
    Deficiency judgement
    Can my husband get a mortgage without me if he makes enough money even if there is a deficiency judgement against me? We had our home forclosed on 4 years ago and they only filed the judgement against me. He makes enough money without my income to qualify.
    jdelk4 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 09:21 AM
    Yes. The bank/finance company may only consider the loan applicant's credit history. If you are not a co-applicant, they will not look at your credit history. However if you are on the Deed, you will be required to sign the Mortgage which is the document giving the bank the property as collateral. Signing the Mortgage does not make you liable for the loan but you can lose the property if your husband does not make the payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MIF Deficiency Judgement [ 3 Answers ]

Deficiency Judgments Name of Department: Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation The program representatives have asked Revenue Canada to recover this debt from my income tax refund /gst that I am entitle to receive. The undersigned name was National Recoveries Centre Ottawa. Is this another...

Potassium deficiency [ 3 Answers ]

How does potassium deficiency increase the risk of a brain bleed in a patient with an untreated AVM?

Mif deficiency judgement calgary [ 2 Answers ]

Mif deficiency judgement calgary

Iodine deficiency [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I've read online that an easy way to check for iodine deficiency is to apply iodine to your skin. On 1 website it stated that if the iodine loses it's colour before 4 hours, it means you're iodine deficient, on another it says 6 hours and yet another says 24...

B12 deficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Can a B12 deficiency cause a problem with your thyroid?

View more questions Search