Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickeeta55 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 06:09 PM
    New hire waiting to be paid
    I have been working for 2 weeks and expected a paycheck. I am biweekly. I was told that I have to wait 2 pay periods (4 weeks) to get paid. I'm in Connecticut. Is this legal?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Yes it is almost universal that you would wait two weeks for a check after a pay period ends. IE if you worked March 1-15 you would not expect a check on the 15th would you? Payroll needs time to calclate and figure if you worked every one of those 10 days. Pay rolls are a week later but most frequently two weeks later. This should have been explained to you in writing at the time of your hiring. Were you not given a packet of information when you started?

Jan 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Yes it is almost universal that you would wait two weeks for a check after a pay period ends. IE if you worked March 1-15 you would not expect a check on the 15th would you??time to calclate and figure if you worked every one of those 10 days. Pay rolls are a week later but most frequently two weeks later. This should have been explained to you in writing at the time of your hiring. Were you not given a packet of information when you started?
    No I was not told and In fact this is my second time working for this company. I was told that this is a new policy because previously all salaried employees were paid full salary wages on the next pay date despite how many hours they worked. But thanks for clarifying.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2013, 06:27 PM
    If by "salaried employees were paid full salary wages on the next pay date " you mean you'd be paid on the 15th I would be greatly surprised. I have been in HR for decades and never seen this. I can't see how a company could do this considering there are many factors that could alter a salary. Places I have worked would dock a person who did not call in sick prior to an absence, for example.

Jan 24, 2013, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    If by "salaried employees were paid full salary wages on the next pay date " you mean you'd be paid on the 15th I would be greatly surprised. I have been in HR for decades and never seen this. I can't see how a company could do this considering there are many factors that could alter a salary. Places I have worked would dock a person who did not call in sick prior to an absence, for example.
    I am not sure it looks like I was misinformed but you helped to clarify it. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is overtime paid out if your off sick in an hourly paid positionk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a situation where the weekly work week is 40 hours. Overtime was worked (8 hours) but the company said where she was off sick the 8 hours OT was included in the week and would only receive 4 hours overtime - is the right?

How to prevent my browser from showing “waiting” message during paid to click operati [ 1 Answers ]

How to prevent my browser from showing “waiting” message during paid to click operation? I have to wait 10 second and I can't make second tab if I do that they said "bad click'' and cut 30 cent from my account? Please help me to get out of this waiting and give me any idea to work with different...

Wrongfully evicted in New Hampshire for money supposedly not paid but has been paid [ 3 Answers ]

Owner wants me evicted for not paying 452.00 but I paid it, sent sheriff to apartment with a letter telling me to go to court, I talked to manager of apartments told them that I already paid the money she said I didn't have to go to court. Now yesterday in the mail I get a letter saying that...

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

I was suppose to get paid Thursday December 24, 2009 and still have not been paid. [ 5 Answers ]

My employer was suppose to pay me last Thursday, we were not paid. What are my rights?

View more questions Search