Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
    How to give someone the hint that you really don't want to talk
    Hey guys

Well OK some of you know there's a chick at my work that likes me she has a boyfriend.. and is my friends roommate so we live together basically.. she jumped on me when she was going into a ruff patch with her boyfriend.. I did kiss her a lot and hug her but no sex as I didn't trust the girl and didn't want to get involed..

Now that they are back.. I'm happy for them.. but I want to stay away as I know if we get close things could happen.. and I so don't want that.. so I'm being nice in the work place but not over nice..

She is not taking the hint. She keeps starting conversations with me talking to me.. laughing playing around.. I'm all for if we had a real friendship but we never did... id be happy if it was just short and sweet only talk when needed.. because other than that it just feels weird to be alone with it..

Anyway I don't want to say go away! I don't want your friendship.. but I've tried not talking that has not worked lol oh yeah I'm all for telling her how I feel and that.. but as we live and work together I'm trying to not have any tention.. even though this is giving me a little bit of it.. if I told her to sod off.. it would make everything really bad.. and I don't want that :)

Any pointers guys?
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 17, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Well same advice as I told my son.. you apparently do have to work with her.. my son does also
    Do not approach her if she says hello a brief hello back is all right and keep going to what you were doing.
    The next thing is you must find a new place to live immediately if you can't afford it find a person looking for a renter also.
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 17, 2007, 04:31 PM
    I thgnk the answer to this is be civil. Say Hi but don't continue conversations. If she asks how you are say fine but don't elaberate. I'm sure she knows what is going on but doesn't realise how hard it is for you. Just let it be a lesson learnt. Just because a relationship is on the skids it is not over and getting involved in any way never helps. Sad but true xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to go down under :) [ 1 Answers ]

Not just a sexual inuendo; I really want to go to Australia I just wanted to know if anyone has any info on expenses or how easy it is to get a job down there. Do I need a working Visa? Any help would be great. Thanks!

I want to die =( [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hi all, Well I'm doing better than I was which is good. I've had a very hard time, my parents are really srict and I just am misserable with them. They emotionally and physically abuse me all the time and make me feel worthless but luckily I have a boyfriend. But he lives in flordia...

Don't want to Let Him Go [ 8 Answers ]

Well, see my boyfriend says he loves me. And he really shows it. But see last night, he was in philly, I guess he has a baby momma there. And he's married, but he's divorcing her. We don't know if the papers came back or not. But anyway, he cheated on me yesterday. He said he was drunk. Then this...

Just want to know.. [ 5 Answers ]

What specific part of the computer hardware is responsible for starting up your PC. If its broken, could it be replaced? Or need to replace the motherboard? Sorry, no idea at all. Anybody? I appreciate your info. About this.

View more questions Search