Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robyn!! Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2005, 11:49 AM
    Want To Be A Singer Help
    I always wanted to be asinger can someone pretty please help:( I REALLY NEED THIS please say anything?
    Lil_BrownSuga Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn!!
    I always wanted to be asinger can someone pretty please help:( I REALLY NEED THIS please say anything??
    :) I always wanted to be one to, I juss wish some one can help... um new here

Jul 6, 2005, 03:03 PM
    ... help
    :) I always wanted to be one singer, I juss wish some one can help... um new here

Jul 6, 2005, 04:14 PM
    Hey
    My idea for help in the singing industry is to work hard and always hope for the best. Although I have one idea to help you with this probable and it is is you no anyone at all in the music business it would be a great help for them to say something to them. You could also have a demo tape of your voice. And if in a band try to have many different places to play at.

From Robyn

Jul 8, 2005, 07:34 PM
    Hey
    My dad noe this lady that's a singer but she doesn't sing english songs, and she came to mah house last week but I was out, I wasn't home, so I didn't c her.. I could tell mah dad, but I think mah dad would'nt be happy. If I become a singer.. :( don't know y... ppl say I have a great voice, so does mah mom says that, but dad nevered.. I could have been a singer if I took singing class in skool... and sing on stage to every one at skool but I was to nervous back than when I was 11 to 14,. but now I'm 15 I ant nervous
    Anyway thanks, if you know any one that can help's email me at [email protected] or you could just post it here... plzzz *on my knees* (she hates doing that, going on her knees) tell me.. thanks love you

Jul 8, 2005, 07:37 PM
    Hey
    Hey
    I hear your having some troubles. I'd love to try and help , do you have msn Messenger?
    Although my first solution is to talk to your family of your future plans. And if they do or don't understand always believe in yourself .

Turly robyn

Jul 9, 2005, 01:54 PM
    :(
    I can no longer help you/////
    sunshinebird711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 07:18 AM
    So You Want To Be A Singer!
    Good for You! I don't know how old you are, but the first thing to do is to get some voice training. Even though your voice may sound good, you can always use professional training to learn the type of voice you have like Alto, Soprano, etc. Also, there are various exercises for your voice. When you are a professional singer, just like any sport, if you don't practice and keep up, you will end up hurting. If your singing for maybe three sets, that's a lot of singing. I would suggest getting involved with your community that usually have some type a community singing choir. If you go to church, get involved with the choir or if they don't have one, find out how to start one. A lot of professional singers all talk about how they started by singing in church choir. Also, ulilize your library for various books and videos on voice. Good luck and maybe someday you can send me a CD that you recorded.
    bballplayah Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2005, 09:34 PM
    Hey sunshine
    I dotn want to be a singer but I make up songs all the time, I want to get like 1 published but I dotn have a band, can I send my oice recording to a compan or something and they can get me a band to play? I'm not sure how I can work this out please help
    sunshinebird711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 08:11 PM
    Dreams Do Come True!
    What a wonderful talent to have! Where would we be without the artists of the beautiful words written turned into all different types of songs? The first thing I would do, is to have your words typed up neatly and have them notorized. This is for your protection, so no one else can say they wrote them. After this is completed, then get a couple of copies made. The next step would be to get in contact with a recording studio or music development center. These are professionals with experience and will guide you along with your special talent. Good Luck! Let me know how you make out. :)

Sep 12, 2005, 05:42 PM
    Hey
    Well I'm only 12, but I still think my lyrics are grea. I asked one of my friends for her opinion she said she lieks them too. Will they recording tudio pay attention to a 12 year old?
    charité Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 09:37 PM
    have you tried joining competitions so you'll get noticed?

Sep 14, 2005, 05:14 PM
    hi
    well I try to, but there aren't any competitions around here... the only place is like talent shows at my school.. and also, I'm not rally a girly girl an I'm afraid my freidns would laugh if they saw me sing.. but I'm trying to find some competitions ty for the idea =)
    Harmony113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 03:03 PM
    My Goal, My Dream
    I have been working to inprove my singing on my own for about 5 years. I have been in some of the greatest quires and have travled around a bit. I am singer, a music wrighter, and a believer and I know if you trust me I can become one of the best! I have considered the downfalls of being famise and the good things about it, and I know I can do it! I am young but strong and I may need help but who doesn't? If you are interested in helping me accomplish my dreams me my e-mail is attached to this message somewere and I will give you all info through that!=) Thank you for you support.=) ~*~*Harmony*~*~
    [email protected]
    cheekysadie1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Help me
    :p i always wanted to be a singer i write lyrics to but i want to go somewhere else if you get me can some plz help
    cheekysadie1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 08:03 AM
    Hello
    Is anyone going to help me I'm new and I don't no what 2 do!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Singer
    OK, what type of music do you wish to be a singer in.

Christian, rock, hip hop, jazz, country western.

OK, once you have gotten that down, do you have skill, have you taken professoinal voice lessons to get control of your vocal skills.

Next do you know how to read music, you will need some idea of music theory so you can work on it.

Are you going to write your own music, or merely sing music of other people.

You need to start performing, normally you will be doing a lot of "free" work to start with. Find open mike nights, that let anyone sign, also nursing homes normally let all sort of music singers come out and perform for the residents.

Look for competitions, at county fairs, and community service events.

Do not pay someone 1000's of dollars to promote you, there are people and companies that have never made anyone really famous that milk thousands and thousands from want a bees.
    laura carman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Hey everyone please can someone help me please I love singing and I can sing but I want to take it seriously I want to be a prafeshinal singer but how?

Please can someone HELP!!
    domdrum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Hi Robin!

I am a pro drummer since many years and a bandleader for two bands in UK and as such I have had to deal with many singers, males and females.

I have seen more than average singers singing live on stage more often than extremely good singers.

This means the quality of your voice and how well you sing is not the only important thing if you want to truly become a singer. I am sure you know of very well known singers who have sold millions of albums and without being very good singers...

It worked for them because people liked them!
    They liked their personality, what they had to say and how they were saying it.

What I mean is that FIRST: you do not need to be the best singer in the world to make a successful career. Of course you should practice and be as good as you can!

SECOND: The only valid judge is the public. The worse judges are professional accomplished musicians. Why? Because their judgment is based on standard of musical excellence which is way above the awareness level of the general population. You do not sing for musicians, you sing for the people in the street. It is them who pay at the door to come to your gig. It is them who buy your CD.

THIRD: You got to start somewhere. And you will learn to be a singer by singing live at your school, in the local 'school of rock', at your Church, in the pub down the road. It is by singing for real people in real life that you learn to become a singer and a performer. And it's fun!

FOURTH: It takes many years to understand how this business works, how to find musicians, how to find gigs, how to find PAID gigs, how to put a GOOD repertoire together, how to front a band, to face a public etc etc. And finally how to be spotted by the right people in the music industry in view of being offered a record deal.

You can learn this by yourself. Do not expect professional musicians to tell how it works, they usually don't tell you everything. Especially singers, because it is a very competitive arena. Schools rarely give you this type of knowledge. Why? Because many teachers do not know how it really works: they teach, they have no idea, for many of them, of the real life out there for performers. After all their job is to teach you how to sing, not how to get work.

The secret is EXPERIENCE. None - I say NONE - of the singers who have made it did so overnight. This is only public relations campaign type of stories which are far removed from the reality. And this goes as well for those who have made it at the top of TV shows such as Pop Idol or X-Factor etc. All those who made it have had years of experience behind them.

My best advice is for you to go to this web site and read carefully: How to become a singer? - The steps to become a famous professional or amateur singer; how to be a successful vocalist

This is the best resource I have ever seen about how to make it as a singer. It is addressed especially to people like YOU who are beginning from scratch. It takes you step by step from the very beginning.

If you are serious about becoming a singer, THIS IS WHERE TO BEGIN!

Good luck and do well!
    Dom
    Krazyaobutsmile Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Ok forget what everyone else says... I will give you my best info!
    My father used to be in a band and he could have made it big, only he didn't want to, he made only a couple od records that aren't even famous any more but I think I'm lucky because of that. Now, he believes I have a pretty good voice so for my b-day he is buying me a pro mic! These things cost a LOT so ask you parents to give it to you 4 your b-day or christmas or if not, save up! The pro mic an record and you can make a demo CD and everything! Now once you have a mic follow these steps

1. Make some songs! Record and ask someone who plays an insturment or to 2 add music!
    2. One done, Put a couple of songs on YouTube, let people comment!
    3. Send it to a producer, tell them 2 check out the YouTube site, if the people like you so will da producer!
    4. Wait for them 2 contact you if it takes more than 3 months that mite meant they don't like it. So don't give up proform live for everything you can! U may not get paid for it but so it gives you exporsure!
    5. Sign up for singing lesson, it rele does help!
    6. Adution 4 everything. If your old enuff try out 4 American idol!
    7. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Good Luck, hopefully both our of dreams will come true!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singer [ 2 Answers ]

Please help with getting into the singing business I really want to!! :(

Singer and song title [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings "outside heaven's door"? Some of the lyrics are "I'm standing right outside of heaven's door I know you don't love me anymore... I think this is from the 60's

Song Title & Singer Please [ 8 Answers ]

Hi :) I need some help finding the singer and title to a song ! I only know a couple of the words from the song, but its kind of catchy -- :D I got my hair I got my head I got my ( something ) I got my (something else ) Thanks Jay Jay

Looking for a great singer - forgot her name. [ 2 Answers ]

Chris Christopherson was married to a Native American singer and I had her album, but it was stolen by a 'friend'. One of my favorite songs was 'Whiskey, Whiskey, my old friend', but I do not remember her name anymore. Does anyone remember it, and be willing to inform me of where I can still get...

View more questions Search