Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hdjd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 12:56 AM
    Mom will not shut up
    My mom is coststantly yelling at me. She will not shut up about anything. When I try to tell her I am trying in school she just never shuts up. What should I do…:(
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 24, 2013, 01:06 AM
    Do what she tells you to do and stop talking back to her when she is upset.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2013, 01:37 AM
    Don't tell her, show her, bring home good grades, normally they stop yelling if you stop arguing
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 24, 2013, 01:38 AM
    Learn some respect.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 24, 2013, 01:56 AM
    What do you think total strangers online are going to say? You can't trade her in on a new mother. My mother never stopped yelling at me either, and I was a top student. You avoid her as best you can, and cut way back on the stupid stuff, like non stop computer with your iPod in your ears. You do some chores around the house. You praise her cooking, and thank her for cleaning and laundry and all that dreary work that YOU will have to do someday.
    JARIXA Posts: 95, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2013, 10:09 PM
    That's just messed up you should appriciate what you have!! because when you have parents like mine that don't care!! You'd give anything for them to talk to,visit you,and be there for your birth:( so just clean up your act and stop being disrespectful:(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 11:10 PM
    Are you a teen? I have a teen. He misses school all the time, he doesn't keep his room clean, he won't listen. The only way to get through to him is to yell, because talking doesn't work. I'm sure he feels the same way you do. The fact is, moms are human beings, and dealing with a teenager is the hardest thing ever, it could drive a Saint crazy.

You live in your parents house. They pay the bills, they cook your meals, they provide you with clothes, an education, a place to sleep. So show some respect. When you're an adult you can move out, make your own decisions. Trust me, once that happens you'll realize how much your parents did for you, and you'll feel bad about the way you're acting now.

The fact that you wrote "mom will not shut up", makes me sick. No matter what, she's your mom, and she deserves respect. If you want to be treated decently, act decently. I'm very sure that you're being yelled at for a reason. So cut it out, listen, and you may learn something.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Judging by the way you wrote your post and key words/phrases in it, I imagine your mother has good reason to yell at you.

Sidenote: My 18yr old brother still lives at home with my parents and a few weeks ago he got angry and was disrespectful to my mother. Told her to shut up. I punched him in the mouth. There's no point to this story, just a fun fact ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 11:39 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ml#post3377522

Focus on being a better student and maybe you won't have as much trouble with the females in your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get your mom to shut up [ 14 Answers ]

Hi my name is KENYELL and I'm 11 years old I've been though many things with my mom she hits me and she yells throw things and I don't know what to do sometime I just want to run away.

How can I get my mom to shut up? [ 3 Answers ]

Even If I try by best at school, If I give more effort than my classmates, my mom always ALWAYS repeats and yells and never understands me, I mean my parents are immagrints from Europe to Canada, I really don't fell the greatest right now, I mean I try to help others and pray and all that but all...

View more questions Search