Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anahit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Can female lions kill another female lion entered their cage in Zoo?
    The incident happened in one of the Zoos. According to one source, female lions attack and kill each other in the zoo, but as the animals are hungry, they attacked and killed one of the female lions. According to the other source, following their instinct of territorial defense the three female lions kept in this enclosure killed the intruding animal. Can you give me scientific explanation which source is true? Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2013, 09:00 AM
    A scientific explanation for animals killing animals?

It's their nature. The strong attack and kill the weak.

Please don't make vague references. What are your sources?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Jan 27, 2013, 11:07 AM
    Ya sort of answered your own question. I'm not sure who really knows what those lions were thinking, scientists do try. Find out yourself, whether lions are ever cannibalistic. Cannibalism seems to be rare. Territorialism is very plausible. Maybe, they were stressed, psychotic, or didn't like the color of her knickers. Fitness is part of the equation. Learn what that means.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Tsavo female lions wait for their males to eat first after making a kill? [ 0 Answers ]

The reason I ask is because Tsavo male lions became famous for their manelessness which is not the result at all from losing their testes or being from an inbred line. The most current theory about this situation is that they have more testosterone than their maned counterparts which also makes...

18 year old female dating a 16 year old female in Virginia [ 9 Answers ]

Im a 18 year old female and my girlfriend is 16 we have been together for 6 months. My birthday is in July and her birthday is in October. Is it OK if we are together?

Why do my 2 female hamsters keep fighting w/ my smallest female hamster? [ 23 Answers ]

I got two female Siberian (Campbell) hamsters a few months ago. I had them mated with my friend's male Siberian Hamster. After a few weeks both of them had babies. Of course I separated them until such time that their babies were old and big enough for all of them to be in the same cage. The only...

View more questions Search