Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Agirlwhoisgone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Foreign student in USA?
    Hi...

The past couple of days I've been researching a lot on how to get to USA t study... Only.. I have a huge problem. I'm 18... I only completed one year of technical high school here in Denmark before I.. dropped out.. Or, well.. I'm taking a break. But now I really regret it because I want to finish high school as soon as possible... And I really want to go to USA to study. It's very very important for me that I do... To keep myself from seeing nothing but problems and worries. The last year has been hell for me. Well, most of my life has. The only person I love lives in USA... And I want to be with him... We've researched ways I can stay with him, but nothing allows me to stay more than a few months. I want to stay with him for good, or at least for as long as possible. Which is partly why I want to go highs school or something in USA... But I'm so frustrated and depressed, because all highschools won't allow student who are 19+ or something... or maybe it was 18+...
    There's not way I could actually finish high school in USA is there?. I could probably stay for a year before they kick me out because I'm too old.
    It just hurts so much though... Cos everything is against me here at home. I've tried to explain to my parents and whoever is around but no one wants to understand what I feel. They just tell me to pull myself together and just move on.
    I just wish I could complete my education in USA.. away from my current life which means nothing to me anymore. I want to be happy, and I want tto get these bad, irrational thoughts out of my head.

So In short I need answers for these questions:

Is it possible to go to highschools when you're 18 or more?
    I want to be in Pittsburgh, so what are my chances there?
    Are there any art related highschools that take foreign students?

And nother question is, is there any way I can be allowed to Stay in USA for more than a few months? Through some way or another?

Thanks a lot, and please... Don't tell me to get help or whatever... I tried, it doesn't work and it's not what I need to hear. Im really tired of getting discouraged by people.
    SAngelxol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Is it possible to go to highschools when you're 18 or more?
    It is possible to go to school when your older than 18 because I seen people who are lik,e 20 and still in 11th grade but they had to drop out because you can't be 21 and in high school

I want to be in Pittsburgh, so what are my chances there? They are high

Are there any art related highschools that take foreign students? All schools should allow foreign exchange students

And nother question is, is there any way I can be allowed to Stay in USA for more than a few months? Through some way or another?
    Sure you can I get foreign exchange students in my school every year and they stay the whole year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 - Foreign Intern [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I started a professional training program in the US last year and it will go on until end of November. My employer gave me a 1099-MISC form but so far I don't know what I have to do. I am beginning to worry as the deadline arrives. What form do I have to fill, what mistakes can I...

Marrying a foreign [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm couirse about marrying someone from South America, since I'm a U.S. citizen. If I marry a South America, she becomes a citizen and can come home with me?

Legal Action from USA to Foreign country [ 3 Answers ]

If a USA citizen is a victim of crime in a foreign country. Can he take legal action once he's back in the states? Or are the legal fees too prohibitive for those of us who aren't rich making it best just to forget about it?

F-1 Foreign Student in USA - can I claim ANY deductions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an F-1 visa student form Canada studying in the US. As a non-resident for tax purposes, I don't seem to be eligible to claim any of the credits in pub. 970. Are there any deductions I can claim to increase my return beyond that provided by the standard 1040-EZ? Is there any way I can...

Foreign f-1 student tax status [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a full-time graduate student from Turkey. I have been living in the US for 7 months. I get a tuition scholarship and a bı-weekly stipend to cover my living expenses. How much federal income tax should I be paying over my stipend? Thank you Ferit

View more questions Search