Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Percosolator Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Repair: Cat Scratches on Leather Recliner
    I have known that cats and leather furniture have never been a good combination. So for the length of my ownership of my leather recliner, I have had it covered with an old heavy comforter to protect it when not in use.

In the two years that I've had it, I haven't had a problem, but a few days ago, the comforter had slipped off the top as my kitten scrambled up the chair to get a bug that was flying around.

The scratches aren't deep, but they are showing tan against the darker leather and I was hoping that someone could offer some easy repair tips.

Doug
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Please try these links:

Repairing Cat Scratches on Leather Sofa

Leather Repair Kits .com - Happy Customers

Leather Magic Leather Repair Testimonials
    karen wwhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:09 AM
    :)www.leathermagic.com
    Father Mike Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 09:51 PM

... then declaw the cat...
    NunusMom Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2009, 07:56 PM

There is an inexpensive leather repair kit sold at automotive shops such as Autozone. It comes with a gel compound and a heating tool. It works pretty well for simple repairs.
    taterman1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 12:07 PM

Shoe polish works wonder on leather since that is what most shoes are made of.
    xstarcatx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 06:20 PM

DO NOT DECLAW THE CAT. This is inhumane, a willful maiming of the cat, akin to cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle or joint. Most vets will refuse to do the procedure, and if you find one that does you have found an unethical vet. Cat Scratching Solutions

There are other alternatives, softpaws is one, using scratching posts and then training your cat to use them - PurrFect Post - Sisal Cat Scratching Post Veterinarian - designed to prevent furniture scratching and Helpful Tips for Good Cat-Scratching Habits from Veterinarian, Dr. Schelling

If you aren't willing to put in the effort to solve the problem and are considering declawing, not saying you are - this is in part a reply to Father Mike, do that cat a favor and find it an owner who will actually give it the care it deserves.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 01:13 AM
    Very old and now archived thread.

Sufficient enough answers have been given.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Good ways to get scratches off a telescope lens [ 5 Answers ]

My dog ran into my telescope and knocked it over "hes a pitbull" can anyone tell me of a good way to get scratches off my telescope?

Help, my dog scratches too much! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. I have a cocker spaniel who constantly chews at herself. So much sometimes that she causes herself to bleed. I've had her since a pup and she's 10 now. Any suggestion's??

View more questions Search