Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2005, 10:00 AM
    Can't Save Images as jpg, only bitmap
    All of a sudden this week, the computer I'm using at work won't let me save images from the internet as .jpg anymore. It only gives me the option of bitmap. What changed and how do I change it back? I was able to save .jpg images all the time before.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
    Has anything been installed/uninstalled recently. Something like that might be doing it. You could always try and use System Restore to put your PC to a point from last week and see if that helps.

Do any of your colleages have the same problem? It might not just be a change on your PC put on all company workstations - No idea why anyone would do that though.

Finally, if you have some kind of helpdesk in your company - use them to fix it :) Saves you the bother of trying :P

That's my thoughts. Anyone else got anything good to add?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2005, 11:11 AM
    This is a known bug. Try this:

1) Clear your Internet Cache. From Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" then "Options". When the "Internet Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "General" tab. Click "Delete Files", then when the dialog appears, click "OK".

2) If this doesn't work, visit the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q260650

Hope that does it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Save images in WinXP [ 1 Answers ]

I have Win XP. I have captured a screen snapshot with PrtSc(Print Screen) button. How will I save it in my disk? I used to run Imaging in Win2000; however there is no such program in WinXP and I want to create a .jpg file containing the above picture(screen snapshot). Is there any appropriate...

Access loads a bitmap into a OLE object as a package [ 2 Answers ]

My client has 3 aging Access 97 dbs that run the production floor of a large plastic manufacturing plant. These are in the process of being replaced by much more robust, professional grade manufacturing control systems. The client is investing millions in the new systems, so redesign at this point...

Bitmap into ole object field in MS Access [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Access 2000 database table with an OLE object field, into which I insert a bitmap image. (This is an existing database whose design I am not authorized to change). When I do this on the system in my office, everything is fine. The image is properly displayed on the form. However, when I...

No images [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find help for. Can someone tell me why I have no images in some of my windows just white boxes with red x's in them? Thank you, J

View more questions Search