Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sage4106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Is this an eating disorder?
    Hi I am 12 an a girl an my diet only consists of very little fruits a veggies I can't eat meat and other things because of the texture and my mo gets so mad at me and says its all in my head and she forces me to try things and then I just throw it all back up and the texture bothers me and the smell and sometimes just the sight of a food can make me gag can someone help I'm so tired of this and it is interfering with my social life last weekend I went to a friends house and I didn't eat the whole time because they didn't have anything I liked and I'm not over weight or anything please help .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 10:26 PM
    The first thing you need is a doctor's exam. Be sure to tell him or her about the eating problem. Your mother's forcing you is not helping.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 17, 2013, 12:03 PM
    Don't think its eating disorder. Guess some people don't like meat so you can eat lot of fresh veggies, fruits, juices, pulses and nuts etc. good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2013, 02:48 PM
    It is irresponsible and dangerous to give medical advice to strangers over the Internet unless you are medically trained - and then it's not terribly advisable.

WG gives her usual "right on" advice. You need to consult with a physician to rule out any physical problems and in order to decide how to proceed.

Fruit and "veggies" may not provide adequate nutrition. You need to get to the root of the problem and then find the correct diet.

I have no idea what eating "pulses" means.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2013, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I have no idea what eating "pulses" means.
    I learned what they are when reading Grimm's Fairy Tales when I was a kid (something about a princess eating them). From our old friend Wikipedia --

A pulse (Latin "puls",[1] from Ancient Greek πόλτος poltos "porridge"),[2] sometimes called a "grain legume",[3] is an annual leguminous crop yielding from one to twelve seeds of variable size, shape, and color within a pod. Pulses are used for food for humans and other animals. Included in the pulses are: dry beans like pinto beans, kidney beans and navy beans; dry peas; lentils; and others.

Pulses are important food crops due to their high protein and essential amino acid content. Like many leguminous crops, pulses play a key role in crop rotation due to their ability to fix nitrogen.

Just like words such as "bean" and "lentil", the word "pulse" may refer to just the seed, or the entire plant.

Read more at Pulse.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 17, 2013, 11:53 PM
    Thanks Wondergirl, for explaining. We called it pulses instead beans and lentil and they are rich food.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 08:12 AM
    As long as you are getting enough protein and amino acids by eating legumes (pulses), nuts and veggies and you are healthy and the dr says no problems I don't see why not eating meat would be a disorder unless vegetarianism is a disorder. Some people can't eat vegetables without gagging but they are fine with meat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating Disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area as I am not entirely sure where this should be asked. My question is about eating disorders. Can a slightly overweight person be anorexic or bulimic? How do you know if a person has an eating disorder? Any ideas? :confused:

Do I Have An Eating Disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Im 14, and I used to weigh 110 but now weigh 107 (Over weight?), I sometimes only eat dinner for a day, which means I skip breakfast and don't eat lunch, eatting lunch just isn't my thing, in elem or high. I haven't had my period for 3 months until 3 days ago (stress? Ive stopped today tho). And I...

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

Possible eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm 16, female and I've always had self esteem issues to do with my body, as in I think I'm fat and I'm not although I can't really convince my subconcious that I'm not fat. I'm back at school now and have been for a week and everyday so far I have had, a coffee in the morning.. nothing at...

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

Im unsure of what to do anymore. Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close...

View more questions Search