Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephanie sande Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 08:02 AM
    What does the code f1 mean?
    The dryer has power to it but when I hit the start button the code f1shows?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 08:07 AM
    How about providing more details, such as the brand name and model number of the dryer, to start with.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2013, 04:44 PM
    These driers will do that when the lint builds up like concrete on the inside of the air ducts. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. Halfway doing it will not work. This includes the exhaust vent, all the way, even the outlet on the side of the house if you have one. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. All sensors work together by comparing temperature, so all need to be cleaned. You just unplug the wires from the sensors and remove ductwork that they are attached on and clean the entire thing with soap and water. Make sure you go all through the dryer and get all parts like the blower fan and housing, vacuum out motor well and clean exhaust. Mark all wires you unplug so you know where they go. This is an easier job than you would think. You need a meter to test any fuses that may be blown, which I strongly suspect is the case. You will see them on the schematic diagram.
    See: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires - YouTube and: Cleaning out a dryer with top lint cleanout - YouTube
    Cleaning out a dryer: By a woman 2 of 2 - YouTube
    Manuals: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Kenm...%20Manuals.zip
    sniper65 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2013, 02:00 AM
    The "F1" fault code is indicating a shorted keypad, electronic oven control board failure or the oven sensor probe (RTD) may have gone bad. A technician would follow the suggested corrective procedure to determine which component has failed. It will either have a bad oven sensor probe (RTD) or a failed Electronic Oven Control (EOC) board.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper65 View Post
    The "F1" fault code is indicating a shorted keypad, electronic oven control board failure or the oven sensor probe (RTD) may have gone bad. A technician would follow the suggested corrective procedure to determine which component has failed. It will either have a bad oven sensor probe (RTD) or a failed Electronic Oven Control (EOC) board.
    Said it was a dryer, not an oven.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
    If you will tear it down and clean it, plus check the safeties you will be able to repair it. Any good dryer has safeties to prevent it from running and burning the house down, still it happens many times each year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After replacing the door lock F DL error code, it still gives the same code and won't [ 1 Answers ]

Model # 110 45976 400 After replacing the door lock F DL error code, it still gives the same code and won't start? Original problem sometimes door would not lock then it would, this time it started then stopped in middle of cycle with water left in tub and same code.

Carrier furnace with a red flash code of 2 short and 1 long code [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier and the furnace and the heat will not come on. The fan does come on but the burners will not ignite. I get a red flash code of 2 short and one short. I have the same thermostat upstairs and I switched them and the same result. The upstairs works fine with both thermostats. I have a...

Need code to unlock radio 2000 mitibushi galant es showing code on face [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone help need code to unlock radio 2000 mitisubishi galant es face just reads code

My carrier furnace LED light is flashing a code. How do I tell what code it is? [ 1 Answers ]

The error code is flashing and I know certain lengths, long and short indicate a code but how do I tell which one it is?

Write pseudo code reads in course information that includes class code, three digit s [ 1 Answers ]

Design a flowchart or pseudocode for a program that accepts rental contract data and displays a completed rental contract ready for a customer’s signature. Accept the following as input: Contract number Customer’s first and last names Automobile’s vehicle identification number Starting date...

View more questions Search