Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pinkbuggy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 06:07 AM
    How to get custody of my niece.
    My mother currently has custody of my niece since she was 3 months old, she is now 2. My brother, the father of my niece is deceased and the mother is in jail. My mom is willing to sign her rights over to me. Who would I need to contact to get custody of her?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 08:33 AM
    Your mother can't sign the rights of anyone over to anyone else... people aren't used cars.

You would HAVE to go through the courts.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jan 21, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Smoothy is correct. You need to go to the courts . There is no other way.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2013, 02:37 PM
    You file a petition with your local Family Court to obtain custody. If your mother is agreeable to this then there should be no problem. Its possible, however, that the bio mother will have to be consulted. Especially if she had agreed to allowing your mother custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get custody of my niece? [ 1 Answers ]

How would I get custody of my niece if her parents are not fit.

I want to get custody of my niece [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 yr old niece lives in sc with my mom who has full custody. My mom is verbally and physically abusing my niece. I live in nc and need to know asap how to file for custody. Can I file it in the state I live in or do I need to file in the state my niece lives in?

I have custody of my great niece and her mother is threatening to sue to get custody [ 5 Answers ]

What does a parent have to prove to regain custody from a relative

I have temp. Custody of my niece how do I get full custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can...

View more questions Search