Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judas Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 05:42 AM
    Impregnating
    I just want to know the possibilities of a young male impregnanting an old female with age difference of 7years. Please help. Is it possible and if yes how are the chances of that happening?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Is the "old female" pre-menopausal (probably under 60)? If so, the chances are very good, especially if no protection is used.

Jan 21, 2013, 06:34 AM
    @wondergirl the woman has a child with another man and she has had a miscarriage after her first child and recently she's been not going to periods for 5 months now. We've been having unprotected sex since 2010 but nothing has happened, if she goes to the doctor they tell her she is fine.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Have you been checked for testosterone levels, etc. You might be the problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 06:08 AM
    And you never said how "old" the women was, 7 years difference does not matter if you are 23 and she is 30, that is prime time for a baby. The age difference between men and women have nothing to do with it.

If the women is older and in menopause then that may be the issue.
    But has anyone done a pregnancy test,

And of course one can go years with no baby and all of a sudden it can happen.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2013, 08:32 AM
    The chances are the same for any sexual intercourse. Anytime there is penile insertion there is the risk of pregnancy. If she has not conceived for over 2 years, there could be other issues preventing conception. Only a doctor's exam could determine those factors. Have YOU been examined?

Feb 4, 2013, 11:14 PM
    Thank you guys. I've never been examined maybe its about time I visit a doctor.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 11:18 PM
    Until a woman has completely gone through menopause, or had a hysterectomy, pregnancy is possible. You stated that she hasn't had a period for 5 months. What were her cycles like before this? It can take 10 years or more for a woman to get to menopause. In other words, she can start missing periods for months, only to ovulate and have another period. If you have sex when she's ovulating, pregnancy is possible. Not sure if I'm explaining this right.

You still haven't posted how old she is. That would really help us when providing an answer.

Feb 4, 2013, 11:22 PM
    She's 30
    Pets Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    She's 30
    Then it's highly unlikely that she's going through menopause.

Is she irregular? Has she been irregular since the miscarriage?

Has she taken a pregnancy test?

Also, I just want to add, 30 isn't old. It's not old at all. Especially when it comes to pregnancy. Most women nowadays, don't have children until they're in their 30's, even their 40's. So she could definitely get pregnant at 30. She's not at all old. Not even close.

Feb 4, 2013, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Then it's highly unlikely that she's going through menopause.

Is she irregular? Has she been irregular since the miscarriage?

Has she taken a pregnancy test?
    She has been irregular since the miscarriage, she went to the doctors she says they said she was fine. But the first time she said that the doctor said she won't be able to conceive again then from then she changed her statement.
    Pets Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 11:44 PM
    she has been irregular since the miscarriage, she went to the doctors she says they said she was fine. But the first time she said that the doctor said she wont be able to concieve again then from then she changed her statement.
    What did the doctor tell her that made her believe she couldn't conceive again?

Unless there's a medical issue, or she had a tubal ligation, there's no reason that I can think of that would prevent her from conceiving again. Sounds like she isn't telling you the whole truth.

How far along was she when she miscarried? Did she miscarry on her own, or did she have to have a D&C?

I'd really like to know what made the doctor say she couldn't conceive again. That's a very bold statement to make, unless he has something to back it up.

Feb 5, 2013, 12:11 AM
    What did the doctor tell her that made her believe she couldn't conceive again?

Unless there's a medical issue, or she had a tubal ligation, there's no reason that I can think of that would prevent her from conceiving again. Sounds like she isn't telling you the whole truth.

How far along was she when she miscarried? Did she miscarry on her own, or did she have to have a D&C?

I'd really like to know what made the doctor say she couldn't conceive again. That's a very bold statement to make, unless he has something to back it up.
    She was 2 months and I was not there when it happened but she miscarried on her own. I don't know all the details because I wasnot around I only saw her 6 months after the miscarriege.
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2013, 12:19 AM
    she was 2 months and I was not there when it happened but she miscarried on her own. I dont know all the details because I wasnot around I only saw her 6 months after the miscarriege.
    So she had no complications during her miscarriage, but was told she wouldn't be able to conceive again?

That makes no sense.

I had a horrific miscarriage. I almost died. I had to have an emergency D & C. Afterwards I was told to wait at least 3 months before trying to conceive again.

In other words, it all sounds like bull that a doctor told her she couldn't conceive again. How many children does she have? It sounds like she's trying to trick you into having another one.

Feb 5, 2013, 12:24 AM
    So she had no complications during her miscarriage, but was told she wouldn't be able to conceive again?

That makes no sense.

I had a horrific miscarriage. I almost died. I had to have an emergency D & C. Afterwards I was told to wait at least 3 months before trying to conceive again.

In other words, it all sounds like bull that a doctor told her she couldn't conceive again. How many children does she have? It sounds like she's trying to trick you into having another one.
    Only 1 a ten year old son
    Heb0717 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 12:28 AM
    Very likely. But if she's 40 or up, complications with pregnancy can occur. Wrap your noodle if you don't want kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search