Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merna mahmoud Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 01:21 AM
    Lock files
    Please help me, I have a very important vedio and when I opened it on the computer I discovered that the file is a lock file and it won't open :( how can I open it? Thank you a lot
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 21, 2013, 01:22 AM
    Reboot and try again.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2013, 04:04 AM
    What is the full name of the file. What is telling you it's a lock file? Did you ask the source of the file to send again?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 05:14 AM
    Sometimes these are files obtained by bittorrent and they force you to do to a website to get the "key". Once at the website your computer will be under attack from malware.
    merna mahmoud Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 01:54 PM
    VID 00031-20120829-2111.3GP.lock this is the full file name, and when I try to open it, it won't open, what do you mean by asking the source of the file to send again? I tired many things I sent it from my mobile to my laptop many times and I tried to download players for it and it just won't open :( I hope you have the solution, ps:- the vedio was recorded on blackberry curve 8520
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2013, 01:59 PM
    So you recorded the video on your Blackberry? And then sent it to your PC? In that case you need to check with Blackberry support on how to transfer videos to a PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After erase the files in cd=rw I copy some small files but cd is full for that files [ 1 Answers ]

after erase the files in cd=rw I copy some small files but cd is full for that files what is the problem here how can I solve that please help me

Can your lanlord change your lock (lock out) without going through the courts? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a month to month lease and have been paying every month. My landlord is selling her condo and I have agreed to stay here until she sell and open my house for showing while I reside her but the agreement was it has to be convinent me and a 48hr notice. Well that has not been the case and the...

Can't turn on laptop, all caps lock,Num lock, scr. Lock lights are on [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me, please I don't know what did my kids do my sony laptop, now I can't turn it on. When I turn on the laptop, only power, battery and hard drive lights are on but the screen is not on at all. All caps lock, Num lock and Screen lock lights are on all the time, the laptop doesn't...

Air lock or hammer lock [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering how I can rememdy hammer lock or airlock? I think that is what it is. I just bought this house that has been sitting for 3 months unoccuppied. I connected my washer and when the washer starts to cycle by pulling water to the unit, I hear this bang evertime it purges water. ...

View more questions Search