Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monmon13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2013, 10:00 PM
    Lying and Stealing
    I am 16 years old and I have been caught stealing three times now. I have straight a's and have never been in any trouble around town. I am very well known for all the good things I do around our small town. However, my mom never seems to appreciate what I do in school or out of school. I was recently trying out for a choir solo at school and when I didn't get the solo, the first thing she asked me was "why didn't you get it? what did you do wrong?" I don't get it, why doesn't she ever appreciate my good doings? I guess my dad working all the time has also messed with my mind. But because of all of this stress,when I want something, my mind just tells me "oh you can use your parents credit card or just take some money out of their wallet" I know they will find out at some point of time but I still take the money without asking. I need to know how to STOP this once and for all. Because they don't trust me anymore and I really just want to be a family like we used to be when I was little. By the way, I am an only child also. So I don't have a sibling to talk to about this. I just really don't know who to turn to in this situation. If I try talking to my mom about feeling like I'm being put down by her, she will get mad at me and say that I'm turning the situation on her and blaming her. But I'm not, I know I'm wrong and I want help but I really just don't know who to talk to.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 10:08 PM
    How about speaking with your counselor at school? If not, do you have a trusted teacher?
    monmon13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2013, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    How about speaking with your counselor at school? If not, do you have a trusted teacher?
    Yes I do have a very trusted teacher. But what should I talk to that teacher about?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monmon13 View Post
    Yes i do have a very trusted teacher, almost one of my second parents actually. But what should I talk to that teacher about?
    Let the teacher know what you've done. There should be some psychological or counseling help you can be referred to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying and stealing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son that constantly lies and steals from his parents. We have tried many ways to stop this behavior but he just continues. Is there and help for this type of problem? There has been two occasions where he stayed over at someone's house and items got missing and we believe...

Compulsive lying and stealing no hope? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I am eve33, I joined this site for answers of questions that I have carried with me since 7 years ago, deal with a child that is my biological son and realizing that the problems he is having even today has or had nothing to do with me. I have come to terms that anything that I have tried,...

I am addicted to stealing and lying to my mum, Help. [ 2 Answers ]

Well my father used to steal from her, and my grandfather, and from other people. Now he is prison. I am only 13 years old, and my mum unconsciously gave me his responsibilities (paying bills going shopping) hence she gave me her bank details. So it started with small things. Buying with her card,...

Compulsive stealing and lying [ 3 Answers ]

I have been recently discovered that my mother has a problem with stealing. She has been a chronic lyar and now this is new. She is 79 years old. Is this a common problem in the elderly? Please help me to learn ways in which I can help her.

Stealing and Lying [ 1 Answers ]

My Son used to steal money for drugs. He has been clean for six months now and is tested constantly by the legal system to make sure of this. I thought the stealing would stop, but he still steals money from us, items from his brother, my prescription pills at times to sell for money. I keep them...

View more questions Search