Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zaheboum Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2013, 08:34 PM
    How to make a delicious breakfast with eggs?
    Best done relatively simple.
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Jan 20, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Tofu egg scramble! I got this off About.com and really liked it:
    Sautee tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.

"Reduce heat to medium low and add spinach, crumbled tofu, soy sauce and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper before serving. " There's also the standard omelet with some cheese, green peppers, and mushrooms.
    zaheboum Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
    Thank you!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2013, 08:07 AM
    When I visit my good friend in WV mountains he takes us to a small country restaurant where they serve a breakfast consisting of a base of homefries (1' thick or more and about 4" circumference, or squarish) then a layer of sausage patties or bacon (can use morningstar veggie sausage if desired), with eggs (any style) on top, and cheese if desired (below over-easy or sunnyside up: or over scrambled eggs). We make it at home usually with "fake sausage" and no cheese.
    samroche Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 12:53 AM
    1. Heat oven to 320°F. Coat large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes,water; mix and spread in even layer. Cook, covered, 10 minutes.

2. Now remove it from the heat. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese. Mix well.

3. Divide mixture evenly among four greased. Ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation into center of mixture with back of spoon. Place it on baking sheet.

4. Break an egg into each indentation. Bake in 320°F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25 to 30 minutes.

Your Dish is ready :)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 16, 2013, 02:23 AM
    If you are from a part of the world where eggs for breakfast are not a staple as they are in the US, the basic egg dishes are:
    Scrambled: beat well with a tiny bit of water or milk, and pour into a teflon skillet over almost high heat, sprinkle things like cheese or chives on top, wait for the bottom to get firm a minute, start gently moving the eggs around with a spatula to let the uncooked egg get to the bottom, and remove the second they are no longer runny. Never OVERCOOK.
    Fried: sunny side up, sunny side down, or over easy. The last one is flipped for just about 5-10 seconds.
    Poached: in a teflon skillet, bring water to not quite boiling, slide eggs in the water, simmer gently for a few minutes until whites are white and the yolks are still soft. Poaching takes skill.
    Boiled: boil eggs in shell for 3 minutes. Serve in egg cups.
    Coddled: boil water, remove from heat, add eggs, leave for 10 minutes (better tasting than boiled).
    Omelet: thin layer of beaten eggs in teflon skillet, cheese, veggies sprinkled quickly on top, fold in half just as the bottom starts to show a tiny bit of brown (or not yet brown if you are a purist).
    Fritatta: thicker layer of beaten eggs covered with more veggies and maybe meats, in a teflon skillet on the stove until the bottom is done, then run under the broiler until done on top.
    Starry_Jenn Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Some of the Yummiest breakfasts with eggs I've had are Fritatta, French toast, and there's nothing better than an egg on an english muffin with cheese and ham or smoked salmon!
    andrewjohn123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2013, 09:33 AM
    One of the marvels of rustic Italian cooking is the panini. A warmed sandwich pressed between crusty bread is a thing of beauty. It's a marvel of a meal because of its delicious simplicity, very few ingredients are needed to make this Italian sandwich but because of the heat the press its flavors are compounded into something complex.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 22, 2013, 10:41 PM
    Geeeees Louise! People pleaaaaaase! Well I was going to suggest something but everyone's got it over on me. For crying out loud, I am trying to diet. Rather than give you my suggestion, and being that someone has mentioned it already anyway, I will just make myself a late night snack! Well okay, if you insist. If you are looking for healthy here, do try an egg white omelette. You will be surprised how tasty it can be if you doctor it up. Same w/french toast on whole wheat. Try using a little bit of EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil) instead of butter. Yummy! Very flavorful. Also, if you ever have left over or stale bread, you can just soak it up w/eggs, milk and whatever on hand. Be creative. I know you asked for simple but simple can be fun. Add whatever you have in the fridge. Again, be creative. Just pop it in the oven or stove-top and you'll be surprised at what you can create especially with leftovers. Now, back to MY late night snack. Enjoy!
    Sinquisitive Posts: 27, Reputation: 10

Oct 3, 2013, 12:58 AM
    Make a fried egg in one pan, and a grilled cheese sandwich in another pan (or you could do them one after the other (egg first) in one pan if you can't keep up with them both at once). When they're both cooked, open up your fresh grilled cheese sandwich, and plop your fried egg in there. Close it up and enjoy. You could add sausage or bacon to this as well, whatever you like.

Omelettes are also great. Scramble an egg or two (with water instead of milk), pour it in a pan, let one side cook, flip it all over, add cheese, peppers, onions, ham- really, whatever you like- then fold it in half and serve.

Potatoes and eggs are a great staple, too. Cut up and fry some potatoes (home fry style), then when they're about finished, add some eggs and stir them around while they cook. Then you can eat this with ketchup or hot sauce, or just salt and pepper. You can also add other things to this, like chopped bacon or sausage, peppers and onions, or whatever else you like.

Looking forward to breakfast now! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Need Breakfast! [ 8 Answers ]

I am very hungry and I rarely ever eat breakfast, any suggestions, recipes?

The Delicious Charbroiled Smell of Laboratory Meat [ 28 Answers ]

:eek: The Delicious Charbroiled Smell of Laboratory Meat By Jonathan Kolber October 23, 2007 I’ll admit it. I have a weakness for the delicious smell of charcoal-broiled meat. Even during a two-year stint as a vegetarian, that desire never went away. Those who refrain from eating meat...

View more questions Search