Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2013, 11:03 AM
    2001 Ford ranger 4x4 not working
    Both fuses are good. When I select 4x4 high or 4x4 low the light does not come on and I have not 4x4. What to check next?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 02:51 PM
    There are a number of things that could be wrong here, including the control module for the 4WD system. You might be better off finding a shop that can check and see if there are any trouble codes in the 4WD system and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 ford excurison 4x4 diesel [ 0 Answers ]

When you use the driver door lock for all doors some of the doors won't lock & when I lock them manualy they won't unlock all the way, I have to pull the locks up.does any body know why?

I have a 91 Ford Ranger 4X4 automatic transmission will not stay engaged [ 0 Answers ]

The truck until it is warmed up will not shift from second into drive.Once you get driving acts OK but then the rpms go up and down and it starts to slip.Overdrive same thing. We have changed the transmission fluid,filter, vacuum diapharm, and adjusted the kick down cable.We are at a loss thought...

4x4 4H does not work on my 2008 Ford Ranger [ 0 Answers ]

My 4x4 4H does not work but 2H and 4L work. This is on a 2008 Ford Ranger. I was told to take the electric motor that is hooked onto the transfer case and see if that is the problem but have not done this as yet. Has anybody else had this problem before. Thanks

2001 ford ranger [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2001 ford ranger 3.0 does anyone what the beraing size is in the tensioner pully

2001 Ford Ranger [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT. The serpentine belt had a bit of an inconsistent 'squeak' sound. I looked at the belt, and found that it is dry-rotted a little and has cracks. I sprayed a product that is supposed to eliminate the squeaking noise (should that be the true problem),...

View more questions Search