Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veenakittu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 10:25 PM
    Femilon related
    Hi Doctor, I have started taking femilon from the first day of my periods. Can we participate in sex from the 4th day onwards after bleeding stops without using any condoms. Is safe? Please answer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 11:30 PM
    No you need to take it an entire cycle before they are fully effective.
    If you miss one pill or if you take it over 12 hours late, you need to use a backup method for the next week.

Also even as taken exactly correct there is still a 1 percent chance of falure. So pregnancy can still happen taking this or any birth control pills

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How safe is Femilon tablets? How does it affects conception? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was reported an ovarian cyst after my pelvic scan. My gynae has prescribed me Femilon tablets for 21 days from the 1st day of my next period. How an oral contraceptive will help in this case? Will it affect my chances of conception in future?

Femilon tablets [ 0 Answers ]

I had sex wit my partner and I started to take femilon tablets from the 2nd day. How long am I suppose to continue to take the tablets? And its actually time for me to get my regular mensuration cycle? We are not planning for getting pregnant right now.

Femilon contraceptive? [ 1 Answers ]

If I want sex without using condom for only one time; how many femilon tablet I have to use and what are the schedule?

Will femilon affects my conceiving? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello doctor I'm 23 married in July 2008 and as I was studying when I got married so I used femilon for 2 months and stopped after 2 months as I want to conceive but from then I didn't get pregnant till now so I'm bothered will I be pregnant ? Or not because I heard that oral contraceptives can...

View more questions Search