Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sujata Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Weight loss
    I want know that if we start doing trademill walking and some flexibility exercises... can we gain weight? Becoz I gain 1kg and I want to loss weight... so guide me... I ant to loss 30lbs... till July... is it possible?
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 17, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Well... the real question is if you are losing body fat. You could be gaining muscle weight (muscles weigh more than fat)... also, bear in mind that even though you are exercising, you still need to maintain a healthy diet.

I would suggest continuing with the treadmill, but also go walking, running, swimming, or bicycling, anything cardio. As far as diet is concerned, try to cut back on simple carbohydrates, such as white bread, as those are quick energy sources. Simple carbohydrates, which are really simple sugars (your body breaks the carbohydrate down into a sugar) include fructose (fruit sugar), sucrose (table sugar), and lactose (milk sugar). Fruits are the richest natural source of simple carbohydrates, and you should continue to eat them, as they provide other essential vitamins. However, if you are trying to lose weight, then you need to avoid foods such as white bread, crackers, and milk. Instead, opt for complex carbohydrates such as vegetables, whole grains, peas and beans. Don't worry about "losing" the calcium from milk. Calcium can be easily obtained from green, leafy vegetables, such as spinach, as well as from soy milk (one serving of Silk or VitaSoy soymilk as the same amount of calcium as a cup of milk, not to mention it also has protein).

On a final note, don't get discouraged! Just stay optimistic... you can, and will, lose the weight.

Best of luck,
    M
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 17, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Also, to find out your body mass index (which will give you a general idea of how much body fat you have) I've posted a few online BMI and Body Fat calculators. All of these are not completely accurate, and rely only on your measurements, so be honest, and take a few different ones so that you get a ball-park idea of where you are.

Calculate Your Body Fat Percentage

BMI - Body Mass Index: Introduction | DNPA | CDC

Body Fat Estimator
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sujata
    i want know that if we start doing trademill walking and some flexibility exercises... can we gain weight? becoz i gain 1kg and i want to loss weight... so guide me... i ant to loss 30lbs... till july... is it possible?
    As long as you going through a total body workout you should be seeing results soon, working out with weights for instance, will increase your resting metabolic rate, when you speed up your metabolism, your burn more body fat. You need proper nutrition, aerobic exercise, resistance training and weight training to get the over all effect. When you burn fat for energy you draw it from all areas of your body. Eat a natural whole grain, rice , pasta and bread diet, with lots of fruits , veggiesm nuts and seeds, Cut out all fast foods, high sugar, like cakes, cookies, high sodium, like chips, and fatty foods, Cut out processed foods, and eat 3-4 servings of low fat 1-2% or skim milk, low fat, non fat, low sugar yogurts, and low fat, low sodium, part skim, or skim cheeses, Milk, cheese, and yogurt increses fat breakdown in fat cells. Cut out soda or any pre sweetened drinks and drinks lots of water, after you burn off all the body fat you'll quickly see abs and muscle tone. It takes work and patience, don't get caught up in the weight on the scale when your first beginning.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask about some information for "Himalayan diet breakthough".I am thinking to try it,but bifore that,I want to know is it work or no.May be I could finde some one who used bifore and to give me some idea there is use of it or no.I am looking for some medicine to help me to lose weight.I am...

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have been trying to loss weight for about 10 years now,I'am fit but get bigger at night time,I have found out that my weight on the scale is 205 pounds, I have never been this big before,yet I don't look it,please help me to find away to loss this fat on my muscle and get back to my size 7...

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

View more questions Search