Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Susu949 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Losing my home soon help please
    I am behind on my home. Company has downsized, cutback on hours, I have been looking for secondary jobs to work around my primary job, but to no success. Yes, I even applied at places like Dollar Tree stores to Panda Express.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 18, 2013, 11:05 AM
    No one online is just going to send you money, sorry, and finding charities is all going to be a local search where you live. Losing your home, however, is something very few charities cover.
    First you talk to your lender. NEVER let payments fall behind without talking to them. They really don't want to forclose, and will work with you on your finances.
    Apply for food stamps. Check out food banks and other free services.
    Get a cheap notebook and start a ledger and budget if you haven't yet.
    Account for every single penny in and out.
    Don't buy a coffee out. Don't buy ANYTHING that isn't for basic getting by.
    Start putting together possessions that you can sell. Yard sale, consignment shop, eBay, craigslist.
    Consider renting out a room to a roommate, if you aren't a family with kids.

I am happy to provide ideas on cutting way back on expenses, if that would help.
    I watch TV shows about people losing their homes and am absolutely boggled by some of them, who are not capable of being thrifty.

Jan 18, 2013, 11:16 AM
    Just FYI. I don't usually ask for help, I'm usually the one helping others. Yes, I have contacted the mortgage company and am waiting to hear back from them, but they are taking their sweet time. I don't go out to eat because I buy my own food and prepare things at home for me and my family. I don't drink coffee or sodas. Our biggest splurge of buying drinks is buying the kids orange juice, heck that is only if I run out of oranges to pick from my tree in the backyard. I grow my own basil and tomatoes and am trying to grow other veggies. Heck if my HOA allowed me to have laying hens I would love to have fresh eggs again. We only fuel up the vehicle once every two weeks, otherwise I walk as much as possible. Yes I have applied for county assistance, but that only goes so far of feeding 4 kids, that is why I try to grow my own food and make sure my kids are not eating junk food or snacking all day. No I'm not one of those parents that goes out and party or one that likes to keep reproducing children. Matter of fact , I'm trying to better my children by getting them into the local college while they are in high school to work on dual credits for free so they would graduate with an AA and high school diploma at the same time. Yes I am doing something to better my future and my children's future.

Jan 18, 2013, 11:18 AM
    Oh another thing that I do to not spend money, I swap out my clothes on craigslist with other people. So I'm not out spending money on unnecessary things. It helps me and them feel like we have new items without spending cash that we do not have
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
    Sounds good... sorry if it sounded like I assumed otherwise.
    Practical questions about the lender dragging their feet: where do you live, and what is the real estate market like there? How many years on the mortgage?
    Does your husband still have full time work, or by 'we' you mean you and the kids?

Jan 18, 2013, 11:30 AM
    Sorry if you think I was being rude, I'm not. I was really stating my status. Thank you for replying to me. My significant other is hoping to get on deployment orders or perhaps being active with the National Guards here in Texas. I did try to do the loan modification with the mortgage company but something happened about missing paperwork so that is why I'm trying to reapply with them again. I made a huge mistake of trusting a company called Brandywine Professionals LLC based out if PA, they scammed me out if $795 telling me that they could assist me with the loan modifications. I reported them to the BBB and the Banking industry . It was too late to stop the check with my bank. So lesson learn on my part.. I'm also selling stuff I have in my garage that I'm not using on Ebay and Craigslist, some days OK others no hits uugggghh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if I am losing water pressure in my home [ 3 Answers ]

For the past year or so, we've been losing water pressure in our home. A new well was installed before we purchased our home in September of 2001. Water is nearing a trickle in all faucets. We installed a new bathroom in June of 2009, putting in a new sink and toilet. We had a plumber here who...

Losing my home [ 2 Answers ]

Please help my husband left me and I was unaware that we were behind on house payments the loan is in his name, we are both on the house title, he changed his/ mine mailing address and had all going to him now they are foreclosing on the house June 2, 2009 no one would talk to me cause his name on...

Losing your home, by repossion [ 1 Answers ]

My home is being repossed from me, where do I stand and what should I do

Losing your home to foreclosures [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord is basically sending somebody else to do her job.I haven't spoke with her in 2 months she sending her friend to pick up the rent on the 26th of the month & he's trying to get over because he tried to tell me I was short but when I argued him down that I wasn't he saaid I would have to...

View more questions Search