Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squibthat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 05:16 AM
    An error occurred! SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
    I get this error "An error occurred! SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character" on close examination using firebug on the XHR tab I realize that my response as these strange characters � ( black diamond shaped mark with a white question mark at the center) that is preventing me from using the json data I retrieved from mysql usiing PHP json_encode and passed back using jquery's ajax method, your assistance will be highly appreciated
    squibthat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 08:18 AM
    I finally located and solved the problem; one of my php files had a bad non UTF8 encoded character perhaps because I had copy pasted it from another application (WORD I think) in my netbeans it was given as a warning "Saw U+0000 on stream.." I really hope this answer helps some other person this error as given me sleepless nights.
    My solution was to carefully copy the code to a new file avoiding the illegal character

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

[php] unexpected T_STRING error [ 1 Answers ]

why does $visitdate = date(d/m/Y h:i:s A O); results in an unexpected T_STRING error?

What can I do for unexpected system error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I can't open some online application. I am being told that unexpected system error please try again later. I couldn't find out what system error in my laptop

A disk read error has occurred [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I turned on my computer this morning (running Windows XP) and got the "A disk read error has occurred" and then it tells me to press ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. I tried to do the stuff I knew how to do which consisted of: Going into the BIOS and see that the hard drive was detected (it...

Unexpected c-tree(R) error #215 [ 3 Answers ]

The problem occurs just after logging into win2000, if I click OK in the error box I get a blank screen for a few seconds & then the desktop reappears, followed shortley by the error again If I don't click OK in the error box I can use the PC as normal but it is very laggy The problem does...

View more questions Search