Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhyne Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 02:33 AM
    Basic travel allowance
    Is it the basic travel allowance to go uk is 750GBP?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 03:50 AM
    I don't think there is a basic travel allowance for the UK; is this someone you have met online asking for money ? If so, they are scamming you. Do not send money.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2013, 03:59 AM
    Nope, that would be a SCAM!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 04:17 AM
    There is no such thing... except a round trip ticket.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 04:36 AM
    There is no basic travel allowance. This is a common scam. First they ask for way too much money for passports and visa, then BTA. It is all part of a common scam

Jan 18, 2013, 07:03 AM
    The scammer
    Hello this is email of the person who let me 750pounds for my BTA.. so you will aware of this person also.. this is the email of scammer lawyer [email protected] and this is the scammer employer [email protected] you because I didn't send money yet at western union.. thank you..

Jan 18, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Thank you for your advices.I supposed not to send money.

Jan 18, 2013, 07:11 AM
    .yes.. these are the two emails... EMPLOYER: [email protected] LAWYER: [email protected]
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Anyone can have e mail addresses like this, saying they are consultants or lawyers.
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
    The esq (esquire) on the Lawyers e-mail is a dead give away of a SCAM as that term is long out of favour and not used in the UK anymore. It has fallen into disuse.

Jan 18, 2013, 07:29 AM
    So this is really scam.I meet him at aupair site.so this is really their job.to scam people who really wants to have a job.these people have no fear in god.as like me who is willing to work I might find a way to pay the BTA so that I can go uk and to work so that I can support my family.. but these people.I just let god what he will do to them.
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Scammers are parasites, mhyne; this is how they make a living, off other people with promises that don't come true.

When people send money and lose it, they lose self respect as well, with no
    Closure.
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 08:15 AM
    They add or change emails every few weeks, for new scam adds.
    And the issue with western union is most likely they are in Africa or a Island where there is no law to do anything.

As with the Dating scams, I got to visit one of the large offices where they do this, they have dozens of people, working three shifts at desks. They have computer programs that let the workers see the best script to use when chatting, they have computer people doing photo shop to fake passports, visas and government paper work, They put up fake web sites though others servers to try and give evidence of their need.

They may use names of real people, real banks and business. But they are all fake.

Jan 18, 2013, 03:14 PM
    They didn't know how hard for us,like me I am domestic helper seeking job of bigger country.. and they just let us to send money.. grrrr... they don't have consience... until now this email address still message me [email protected] waiting me to send money.yes they have a family pictures so they convince me that they really looking for nanny and I am thankful that I didn't send money yet.. they are at this site newaupair.com so please be aware those who are seeking job like me...

Jan 20, 2013, 04:05 AM
    .he still contacting me.. here is his number +234 7068685909.what country code is this?. he still waiting to send to him 750 pounds for the BTA through western.can anyone help me to trace this? thank you
    BossMan

Jan 20, 2013, 04:08 AM
    +234 is for Nigeria, now there's a surprise, or not...
    Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 04:15 AM
    Surprised, not a good scammer.

I am sitting here in China and I have a US phone number, it is one from Atlanta GA, so you can call me and think you are calling Atlanta GA and it rings right here in China, all set up though Skype on my computer.

I have another program that will call you and it will show up random US phone numbers,

Why are you still considering these people, you have to accept they are cheating you and stop talking to them

Jan 20, 2013, 04:26 AM
    .ok thanks... but he always calling on my phone... I am now at hongkong working.. so even work hours he always trying to call me... thanks again for all the advices.I send email already to the site where I find the jobsite but they didn't reply.much better here... thanks again...
    Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 07:21 AM
    Honk Kong great place I visit there every month or so.
    Too many people to want to live there all the time, but love to spend a weekend there.

Not sure visa and permits but it is much cheaper to get things across the boarder in China for many things

Jan 20, 2013, 08:15 AM
    .now he have 10missed calls and he still using same number... I want to come also to macau to visit and search job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic travel allowance [ 0 Answers ]

I am leaving UK and I am asked to provide a bta ( basic travel allowance) in order to pass immigration I have been here for more then 3 months, is it necessary?

Basic travel allowance [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend is from the UK. She has never left her homeland. She wants to visit me here in Texas. She is coming on a one way flight because we are unsure how she will be visiting. Is she required a basic travel allowance & if so, how much is that amount?

Why do you need basic travel allowance to travel from ghana to the united states [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to have Basic Travel Allowance to travel from Ghana to the United States?

Basic travel allowance? [ 1 Answers ]

Myfriend in ukraine on Business she's froM The USA. She want's to fly to Paris Thenlater on to England, they won't give her her ticket paid for in the ukrain,unless she pay's Basic Travel Allowence first. l'm Worried for her, as she is Holidaying with us in England, Thank you Urshi Ford ,is this a...

Basic travel allowance? [ 0 Answers ]

Do you need it for a one way ticket from london uk to the us

View more questions Search