Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrkitchen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 09:34 PM
    KitchenAid dishwasher Wash arm won't come loose, noisy dishwasher
    I'm trying to figure out why my Kitchenaid Dishwasher, model KUDP01LBS3, is so noisy. It's just out of 10 year warranty.

I tried to remove the retainer which holds the lower arm, and it won't unscrew. It just keeps turning. Is there something else I should be doing?

The basic problem is that the washer is extremely noisy once the water wash cycle comes on.

I've posted a video. Maybe somebody knows the sound and has an idea what's wrong?

Many thanks.

Jan 17, 2013, 09:35 PM
    The YouTube video address didn't post in my question. Here it is again:

kitchenaid - YouTube

Jan 18, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Here are photos of the reluctant retainer.
    Attached Images

drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Most likely, something is in the arms. You will have to get the arm off to fix it. Here are the manuals: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Kit...ishwashers.zip

Jan 18, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Just to confirm before I start taking the dishwasher apart, did you hear the sound in the video?

The manual says

3. Rotate the rear feed cap (Fig. 3-11a) ¼ turn clockwise (Fig. 3-11b)
    Fig. 3-11a Fig. 3-11b
    4. The entire inner water tube assembly and the lower spray arm assembly can now be removed from the dishwasher tub.

Is that what I should do? Will I have access to and likely be able to clean out the arm if it's blocked or do I have to replace it?

Many thanks!
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2013, 09:19 AM
    What video are you referring to? If the manual says to do something Make sure it's the same machine and then remove the arms. Check your filter, too. You can clean out the arm and it should be like new. This is just routine maintenance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchenaid dishwasher won't cycle [ 4 Answers ]

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDS02FRSS1 The machine fills with water when started and the spinning arms start to spray water. After a few minutes, the washer drains and starts to make an odd humming sounds until the very end. The dishes come out with a film/stains on them like soap was dispensed but...

Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher noisy, running forever, and not cleaning upper rack [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore Ultra Wash Model 665-1637. The noise is loud like the machine is overworking and will run for hours to complete a cycle. The top rack does not get clean. Is this a faulty impeller and worn bearing?

Kitchenaid KUDM03FTSS3 dishwasher normal wash button blinking [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have interrupted the washing cycle for my Kitchenaid DW. Sine then, the light of normal wash is flashing and when I click on the start/resume button nothing happen, and when I click on the cancel button it starts blinking too. I don't know what to do, I have looked in the manual I have:...

Kenmore dishwasher won't wash [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model 363-14772100. About a month ago I noticed it was not cleaning as well. I would put the dishwashing packs of detergent in there and it wouldn't even dissolve all of the pack or even all of the liquid detergent inside. It has seemed to get even worse since. I have...

View more questions Search