Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RICKlee46 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 07:09 PM
    How to transfer contacts in old hotmail account to new hotmail account
    Trying to transfer or copy contacs and or folders grom old hotmail account to new hotmail account
    spirit1243 Posts: 68, Reputation: -3

Jan 27, 2013, 04:45 PM
    To transfer your contacts, go into 'more options' and you'll see some tools there. Now to transfer all your mail from one account to another is very easy. Download windows live mail, set up the 2 accounts to merge, then simply selected entire inbox and dragged it over into your new inbox.
    Set up duplicate folders in your new email account and just dragged everything over. In order to forward to your new email, go onto the server, "more options" and you'll see some tools there too that will walk you through it.

Jan 31, 2013, 04:13 PM
    Sounds like good advice, but how do I set up the two accounts to merge ,and can an account have a virus,not the computer but the hotmail account?

Jan 31, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Can an account have a virus:
    Email accounts do not get infected with viruses. They may carry viruses as payloads in email messages, but viruses to not affect the email account itself. Viruses infect computers, not accounts.

I set up the two accounts to merge:
    Log into your Outlook.com mailbox, click your name at the top left, click "Account settings", then Permissions, then "Managed linked accounts", then "Add linked account".
    If it doesn't work I'll try and find out another way. ;)

Jan 31, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit1243 View Post
    can an account have a virus:
    Email accounts do not get infected with viruses. They may carry viruses as payloads in email messages, but viruses to not affect the email account itself. Viruses infect computers, not accounts.

I set up the two accounts to merge:
    Log into your Outlook.com mailbox, click your name at the top left, click "Account settings", then Permissions, then "Managed linked accounts", then "Add linked account".
    If it doesn't work I'll try and find out another way. ;)
    Thanks for your reply, I will try this as soon as I get to my home computer, in a short time,and I will let you know if this works, thanks

Jan 31, 2013, 06:43 PM
    Hi spirit 1243, I replied to you earlier, but I wanted to give more detail of my problem. It is with my hotmail e-mail, I can log onto the account, but then nothing will open,not the inbox, or the folders,or write, etc,etc, nothing ,it is like it freezes, could this happen?

Jan 31, 2013, 07:03 PM
    Windows Live Hotmail is a Web-based email system that allows you to send and receive email messages and sync other Internet accounts such as Gmail, AOL and Yahoo Plus. When you log in to your Hotmail email, the Hotmail website runs scripts that provide various features, such as the drag and drop capability, built-in audio player or Windows Live calendar functions. These scripts can cause conflicts with your Internet browser that freeze the website and make it difficult for you to access your email messages.

This might help.
    One common cause of conflict is built-up browser temporary files and history. Usually these files help to speed up the loading time of pages you frequently visit. However, if there are changes to the Hotmail website scripts, old temporary files may cause the site to freeze. Access your browser’s Internet options to clear your temporary files and your browser cache. Once you’ve done this, restart your browser and attempt to access Hotmail to determine if this fixed the issue or if you need to conduct further troubleshooting.

Jan 31, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit1243 View Post
    Windows Live Hotmail is a Web-based email system that allows you to send and receive email messages and sync other Internet accounts such as Gmail, AOL and Yahoo Plus. When you log in to your Hotmail email, the Hotmail website runs scripts that provide various features, such as the drag and drop capability, built-in audio player or Windows Live calendar functions. These scripts can cause conflicts with your Internet browser that freeze the website and make it difficult for you to access your email messages.

This might help.
    One common cause of conflict is built-up browser temporary files and history. Usually these files help to speed up the loading time of pages you frequently visit. However, if there are changes to the Hotmail website scripts, old temporary files may cause the site to freeze. Access your browser’s Internet options to clear your temporary files and your browser cache. Once you’ve done this, restart your browser and attempt to access Hotmail to determine if this fixed the issue or if you need to conduct further troubleshooting.
    Thank you , very helpful advice, will keep you informed of my progress

Feb 4, 2013, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKlee46 View Post
    thank you , very helpful advice, will keep you informed of my progress
    Now everything seems to be working fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone is using my hotmail account [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stop someone using my hotmail account and address book?

I can't open my hotmail account! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! Whenever I try to sign in my hotmail account it doesn't recognize my passowrd. I'm a regular user of hotmail. I don't know what is the problem? I tried to change my password but it didn't work. Two days ago I opened an email which I think was sum virus because after that I couldn't...

Hotmail account [ 11 Answers ]

Hello my friends , How are all here ? I wish all are very good , I have question and I wish some body here help me , my email is stolen many time ago May be 1 month and I can't return it , but all my message s and mailes there so pleaz help me My email is So...

View more questions Search