Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terilyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Concrete house piers and footings
    Can concrete piers and footings be safely poured in wet saturated clay ground.Rain has occurred over last 2 weeks and is forecast on and off for next month.
    OldManBuilder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 05:24 PM
    It would be better to build an ark. Before you pour a footing drill piers down 12' to hopefully reach stable soil. See a soils company for details.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 18, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBuilder
    It would be better to build an ark. Before you pour a footing drill piers down 12' to hopefully reach stable soil. See a soils company for details.
    terilyn,
    I believe OMB means 12", :D and I would add call Noah first. Nm:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete [ 1 Answers ]

How the big plants do ready-mix concrete? What materials and other things they use? I have seen those big concrete trucks in California.

Concrete question [ 4 Answers ]

I poured a 10x12 concrete section with a floor drain in the middle. I thought I had the proper slopes from all angles when I floated it, but I see now that I didn't as water is pooling along the back wall and in the front right corner. How can I go about correcting a problem like this short of...

Concrete Pillars & Footings [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to install a pair of gates on 2' x 2' block (filled with rebar and concrete) pillars. Each gate panel is about 13' high x 6' wide and weighs about 850 pounds. One gate company indicated that the footings should be 6' x 6' x 4' deep while another indicated 3' x 3' x 3' deep. Does...

To concrete or not to concrete [ 8 Answers ]

... that is the question, and here is my situation: I'm getting ready to drop in my Kholer 60" one piece fiberglass shower (no tub) on my basement concrete floor. I've asked two different contractor friends whether or not I should set in concrete. One said definitely, without hesitation. He said...

View more questions Search