Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Aug 31, 2008, 09:41 PM
    RaccoonWorks - Download

Network Speed Test software

You can test your local area network Speed..

Regards,
    ABB
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Aug 31, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Honestly I didn't read through all the previous posts,, but an amendment to orignial,

Virus Scanner- AVAST Anti-Virus

Internet browser- Safari

I find avast to be a pretty low resource hoger :)
    Romaniukesan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 10:28 AM

Data Recovery Tools - Recuva
    Handy Recovery
    I suggest Recuva because it shows more data and, and it seems to find more bits of deleted files than Handy Recuvery..
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 13, 2009, 07:09 PM

Avg antivirus is a good one along with malwarebytes antimalware

For mozilla Firefox try flashgot it is dead useful when it comes to audio and video
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 08:39 PM

A Good Security Setup. (Which is what I have + All Free)

Antivirus = AVG Free 8.0

AntiSpyware = Malwarebytes' Anti Malware, SUPERantispyware

Firewall = Online Armor 3.0

*for unsure apps I use run sandboxed with "sandboxie"
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 25, 2009, 03:31 PM

My typical setup includes Auslogics Free Disk Defrag (open source, works on every platform, is fast and efficient) Malwarebytes v1.34, Spybot S&D 1.6.2 and a corporate edition of Symantec AV or McAfee or TrendMicro. And my personal favorite, XP Cleanup batch file that scans and removes anything and everything CCLeaner and those others can't / don't get rid of, download it here:

https://www.box.net/shared/fdmuimtvr1

Copy DELTREE to C:\Windows\System32 folder then edit the batch file as you see fit, double click to run, for full time cleaning, toss into the system startup folder and have it run every time the computer boots up.

Also, my favorite cleaning tool, copy the following and create a new shortcut on your desktop:

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35

Run it and check ALL the available boxes and remove any removable drives and sit back and watch it clean!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 30, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Helljack6 View Post
    It's amazing that everything he stated to do, the geek squad will charge you $49.99 to do as an "optimization" on your computer. Half the crap he mentioned isn't even scratching the surface of optimization. Perhaps it's just best if he boxed his computer up and took it back to the store as he clearly doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks. I mean hell, steps a,b and c are all the same steps, just in a different location on his list, ?! You want a firewall, invest in a router. Want something that opens/decompresses Zip files, the feature's already built into windows! Come on! Stop installing more software that does what's already installed by default on the system! The man seriously has no clue!

BUT! If you want to add additional software, then go to my website and follow the steps there and I can personally guarantee you'll get a screaming fast computer. My techniques are tried and true and the batch files available there are constantly being updated for maximum effectivness. But don't blame me if you can't follow directions.
    Most of this is already covered here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...rs-233870.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown Programs [ 6 Answers ]

I have a program on my computer called ScheduledAgent and I am not sure what it is. I have looked on the internet via Google and there is mixed results. I am slightly concerned as several results suggest it must be removed immediately. Am I right to be concerned? Also is there any other way of...

Hiding programs [ 8 Answers ]

How do I hide a program from the Add/Remove List in XP? Not sure which yet I want to hide, but like say MSN or IE or something similar. How would I reenable them to the list if it is even possible to remove them to start with? Thanks.

AOL 9.0 SE Removes programs [ 3 Answers ]

AOL 9.0 is removing gotomypc from machines with both installed. I can't find where in AOL to configure it to allow gotomypc. Any ideas? AOL chat is useless, and I don't want to jump through hoops calling AOL. It's easier to remove AOL and have the users check their mail through aol.com. Thanks.

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

+/- from all programs menu [ 2 Answers ]

How can I add new items to the "all programs" list in XP?:o I'd like to create a entry or two there and move some of the existing items into that folder. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for the help... and oh yeah, Merry Christmas!:D

View more questions Search