Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R31211 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Is it possible to create a free website?
    Is there any way I could create a website that doesn't require money (credit card), and that will allow me to make it an official website? I've always been wanting to create one.

I'm 14 years old, so I don't have credit cards or interested in paying just to create a website. Every time I try to make one, it says a credit card is required. I want a website that will allow people to comment, message, etc. Does anyone know how I could do that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 11:30 AM
    As far as I know, it costs to create a web site, but blogs are free and mostly look the same.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
    You can try here: Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog
    Most free websites will not give you the option of free forum/discussion board.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 06:14 PM
    I use weebly, see my link below for all my blogs and for my travel updates, you have weebly in the website name but it is free.
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Jan 20, 2013, 10:37 PM
    You can get free webhosting... all you need to do is code the site, then Google 'free web hosting', create an account and put the site on with that account. Free webhosting isn't the best thing (if your making a site for a client id pay for hosting) but its great if you want to test out sites and stuff
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2013, 04:08 AM
    What do you mean by an "official website"? What do you want this site to be about?

As noted there are ways to create a free site, but they are limited in what they can do.
    isha23 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 02:01 AM
    Yes you can create free website easily. There are various option available you can check at-
    1)http://www.hpage.com/
    2)Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog
    3)https://www.yola.com/
    John325 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 07:34 AM
    Freewebs.com - This is the best site to create a free website.
    Kovid Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2013, 12:23 AM
    There are some sites that will allow you to make one for free but usually the domain names have a bit of the companys name in it.
    waldo77 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Wix and Weebly are a couple of free site creators you could sign up for.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Yes, however there are things to consider.

The very first thing you need to consider is hosting. This refers to the location your web site files are stored, they must be accessible via the web. There are hundreds of options, each with its own restrictions. You can create your own web server, but this is very advanced and depends on your computer being on and connected to the internet always.

Creating your own web server:
    Be the Master of Your Own Domain With a DIY Webserver - Wired How-To Wiki

Most free systems come come with restrictions and services. The restrictions often include bandwidth, content, advertisement, and number of services. The services available will have to match your needs. For instance a site coded with ASP needs to have management access to ASP services. One coded in PHP on the other hand will need to have PHP available.

Free webhosting:
    Top 10 Free Web Hosting sites

This brings me to content. You can use a website builder, which often comes with many hosting packages available, even free ones. You can code your own site, but if you are not well versed in 1 or 2 scripting languages this can take some learning. There are other options that are far more versatile. They have free CMS (Content Management Systems). CMS systems are generally well coded and can be used for a variety of applications. They take a little know how to install but come with great documentation and tutorials. They also usually have community support and development you can access.

http://spyrestudios.com/free-content...ement-systems/

The other simple alternative is to use a website template. This is a basic website that you can use by changing colors and pictures and layout if you are well enough versed.

Free Website Templates

This brings me to my last point of consideration: the domain. With free hosting you are generally given a sub-domain. So if you host at x11s.org you can choose from several domain options.
    <yourchoice>.x11s.org
    <yourchoice>.freehosting.org
    etc.

They often let you take a domain you own and point it to their website. TLD's or Top Level Domains are structured like <yourchoice>.com .org .gov etc. They gennerally cost money, however this is very little. For a low traffic domain at godaddy.com you only pay somewhere near $12 a year. There are however some neat emerging options. Some extension offer free domain registration such as .co.nr and .nf.

Best Free Domain Name services

I hope this has been helpful.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
    I forgot to mention, you can edit templates and design sites using software programs such as dreamweaver. This minimizes the amount of scripting such as HTML, CSS and Java you will need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Create a navigational website [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with my Hypertext markup language project. I was asked to create a navigational website, and the code should be written in notepad. Please help me create the website, I don't know how to go about it what it should consist of please help me it is due on Friday. The main page should...

How do I create a website similar to onemillionpeople.com [ 3 Answers ]

I like the idea (and have a business idea) that would be something similar to the application on this website, I know how to create websites etc and my research has led me to Joomla. A very good site but doesn't allow for this function of users paying £1 to upload their image into a virtual book....

How to create a website [ 5 Answers ]

I want to create a web site so what are the steps to taken place in development of website

How to create a own website ? [ 11 Answers ]

How to create a own website?? Basic steps!!

Languages required to create a website [ 1 Answers ]

I am just begiiningto learn web designing. I want to create a website for my portfolio for a course company. I have knowledge in html and basic sql and perl. I am very eager to learn any other programming language or scripting language. Can u guide me as to which languages and graphic software...

View more questions Search