Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 03:01 PM
    How to lube genie trac drive model 810 garage door opener
    How do you lube the genie Trac Drive model 810 garage door opener?
    Paul Newman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2013, 04:54 PM
    The manufacturer states that it needs no lubrication on the trac.
    However I lubricate mine with Lubriplate grease. Which is basically lithium grease and 30sae oil mixture. The only real good way to do this is to take the entire opener down and set it on the floor. Then remove the trac, clean the aluminum rail and the trac, then lubricate the trac and re-install it. This is a very time consuming job, so I only preform this operation once every five years when I install a new trac. WARNING: This should only be done if you have advanced mechanical ability.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is Genie Model 810 Trac Drive [ 1 Answers ]

What is age of Genie Trac Drice model 810 garage door opener?

Genie sp99 garage door opener [ 3 Answers ]

My problem with the old Genie SP99 garage door opener is when operating the unit, the large plastic spocket with chain sprocket atop both mounted on same shaft rises up away from the top of the opener and the stop "flags" on the chain miss the limit switched. The shaft/plastic gear/sprocket all...

Genie 88 garage door opener sensors [ 0 Answers ]

My garage door does not close. We found that one of the spring loded wire of sensor is missing. I like to know what part I have to order for it? Do they have whole sensor or just the spring loaded wire available?

Old Genie Garage Door Opener - Gear and Sprocket [ 4 Answers ]

We have an old genie model SP99 garage door opener. The motor stills works, the plastic gear still turns but the door will not open or close without assistance. Could the chain sprocket 'slip' when the gear is turning? When giving assistance the chain does move down the track like normal to it's...

Genie 88 garage door opener [ 0 Answers ]

I have the same problem as everybody else,the door opens about 6 in. and returns right back. After reading all the forum , I performed eveything suggested with no success. What is the problem? Can it be the starter module? Or what else? Thanks Gardoor

View more questions Search