Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ss33 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
    Electrical Question
    If you were doing a home inspection, what would you say is wrong with these two photos?

Jan 15, 2013, 10:16 PM
    Attached Images

tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2013, 02:42 AM
    The power utility needs to be called in to replace the aerial cable support clamp.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2013, 03:15 AM
    Also since this is a issue from the power company and is not part of the homeowners issue, some inspectors may not address it. Many home inspections will address only those issues that are directly part of the home issue itself, not the power lines coming to the property which is part of the utility issue

Feb 10, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Also since this is a issue from the power company and is not part of the homeowners issue, some inspectors may not address it. Many home inspections will address only those issues that are directly part of the home issue itself, not the power lines coming to the property which is part of the utility issue
    Home Inspectors have to report any deficiencies to the home. I agree this is a electrical service providers problem; however, a home inspector needs to mention in his report that this problem is evident. The home is being serviced by those wires and not reporting those deficiencies are the inspectors fault. So if you guys see more things wrong with these pictures or even descriptions on the types of wires used, the conduit, etc. would be helpful thank you.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 10, 2013, 09:00 AM
    ss33, are you the buyer, seller, or home inspector?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical question [ 1 Answers ]

I thought a second light would go off/on being powered from the original motion sensor light in my garage. The original motion sensor light works as usual, the second light is always on. Why? Thanks.

Electrical Question [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave switch that turns on a plug for my TV. I want to run powere and add switch for A ceiling fan in the same room. I thought I would "jump" the black to the new switch and "twist" the white wires together to do that. What am I missing. [email protected]

Electrical Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an electrical question. I have 2 lights I'm adding to a circuit. The circuit already has 4 lights all that are controlled by a single switch. I've branched off one of these lights to give power to 2 additional lights with 14/2. The 2 lights are each controlled by a single pole switch. ...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I have a dedicated 15 amp circuit running to 5 recessed lights in my living room all controlled by a single switch. I've run the switch leg up the wall and to the first light, its 14/2. The power is coming into the first light also 14/2. I was wondering how to do this. Can...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lt2000 riding lawn mower.Used the mower to cut grass and turned it off.Blew mower off with blower and now it won't start.Motor will not even turn over.Any suggestions?

View more questions Search