Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabmel7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Resume advice
    I was recently let go from my job of six months due to "not keeping up" with my workload. Do I need to keep this job on my resume (I also waitress as-needed, and have technically been employed with the restaurant for over a year, so there would be no gap in my work history)? If so, how do I state my reason for leaving without being turned down for future jobs?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2013, 02:40 PM
    No, it doesn't have to be on your resume or noted on a job application. If there is no mention of it, you don't have to explain it, and the "gap" is taken care of because of your other job.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2013, 02:40 PM
    Do you want to lie on your resume or tell the truth? I hire for my business - I'd rather hear the truth than find out about a lie.

Was the employment from which you were let go full time and your waitress job part time? I'd be concerned that a call to verify the restaurant job would uncover the other job.

I'd tell the truth.

Why did you leave? You were unhappy with the conditions and/or felt the workload was unreasonable. They terminated you before you could quit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does my resume look? [ 18 Answers ]

I am trying to find a job as office assistant/ general office work/admin ( I know my name and address, etc goes here) Skills Detail-oriented Works well independently and as a team member Basic computer knowledge Work Experience

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

New resume [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I need to type up a new resume but I don't really have much experience & my resume is pretty blank.. but all the places I apply for ask for one, what else can I put on it other than experience?

View more questions Search