Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jureal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Vent not blowing hot air from Carrier furnace 58cva/cvx
    There are 5 vents connected to our Carrier furnace. Two of the vents does not blow hot air like the other three. I looked in the attic and found that the two vents that do not blow well have two duct/hoses connected to each. The other three that do have good heat flow only has one duct/hose each. I could not see how the connection is made on the two vents that don't blow hot but I do know that we only have one vent to each of the area where the ducts/hose appear to go to. I don't understand the need for the double ducts and how that may contribute to the poor air flow. I am suspecting that somehow, the air flow is returning to the furnace via the extra duct? Please help. Thanks.
    63rdarmor Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Your system is unbalanced. The ducts that have 2 outlets must be eaqual in size to the other three. You do' nt need 2 outlets on these unless the rooms are very large .also make shure there air returns on these two rooms!
    jureal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Thank you for your answer but I don't think you quite understand. It is not that there are two outlets to those two rooms that do not blow hot air well. The two rooms are a master bedroom and the living room/kitchen/dining room ( all one very large room). Both of these rooms only have one vent ( outlet ) but they have two large hoses going to each of these rooms. I question the reason why there are two whereas I only have one outlet? Perhaps one of these hoses is the return back to the furnace? Should these not have separate outlets?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My goodman furnace won't blow hot air and it stays on blowing cool air what can I do. [ 0 Answers ]

It won't shut off it stays at 67 degrees.

Why does my furnace blows out cold air when it should be blowing out hot air? [ 7 Answers ]

Why does my furnace blows out cold air, when it should be blowing hot air?

Gas furnace coming on not blowing into house vent pipe getting hot [ 9 Answers ]

I just had a company replace my coil for the a/c, in doing so the flexible gas line for the furnace ended up with a pin hole in it. I replace the line today and now the burners for the furnace will come on, but nothing blows into the house. I felt the vent tube going to the roof and burned my...

Gas furnace blowing warm air sometimes and hot air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace and it sometimes will work perfectly fine and blow hot air and then other times it will be lukewarm. The high limit switch was replaced. What would be the other issue of not having consistent hot air coming out of blower?

Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting...

View more questions Search