Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeamEdwardJace Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 02:15 PM
    Is the film who shot Liberty Valance an example of Hobbes or Lokean point of view?
    Or both? I think it may be both. Could you tell what you think and provide examples from movie (with their aruguments)?

Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Is this homework?

Jan 15, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is this homework?

It would help me when I have to write a philosophy paper
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 15, 2013, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamEdwardJace View Post
    it would help me when i have to write a philosophy paper
    So, yes, this is school work related?

For those who aren't looking at Philosophy text books, why don't you explain your question in a bit more detail and back up your opinion. You are the one who is writing the paper.

Remember we ask that you show your work. 'I think it may be both' doesn't begin to show how much thought and effort you have put into the question.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2013, 12:10 PM
    Hint: Yes, it's both. Clue word: greed.

Describe Liberty's greed and how it ties in with Locke's and Hobbes' philosophies (which you will also describe, as they fit in with the movie and Liberty).

Jan 25, 2013, 09:13 AM
    A week or ago I saw the movie who shot liberty valance. Can you please help me with
    This? I'm taking a movies and morality class in college where we examine movies with morals. Anyway, this was for social contract theory and the discussed theorists are Hobbes and John Locke. Can someone please help me? Which view do you think it supports the most? I think that there's a possibly for both as there are characters and elements in the movie that would support both views.

If possible, can someone please tell me what the movie most supports with examples? And which arguments of these philosophers would be This would possibly help me with some assignments.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 09:20 AM
    When you posted this the first time, I Googled your question and found all sorts of helps regarding the movie and Locke/Hobbs. No one here will do your homework for you. I might be nice enough to give you one link if you are totally desperate, but it is all there spread out like a picnic feast if you Google with appropriate keywords.

OF COURSE, you won't plagiarize.

Jan 29, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    When you posted this the first time, I Googled your question and found all sorts of helps regarding the movie and Locke/Hobbs. No one here will do your homework for you. I might be nice enough to give you one link if you are totally desperate, but it is all there spread out like a picnic feast if you Google with appropriate keywords.

OF COURSE, you won't plagiarize.
    Hey I understand that no one is going to my homework and there's a link. I have my own theories but there may some possible points that I am missing. What key words did you use? Also , I would not copy of the but they may help me consider some points I am missing to help me properly formulate an argument for an assignment
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamEdwardJace View Post
    what key words did you use?
    Keywords would be the obvious ones. I used Google.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help I need some ones view point please [ 3 Answers ]

I was just recently late on my period I was about 4 or 5 days late I thought I might be pregnant but the day that I bought a test I had some spotting so I decided to wait it out and not take the test. And after awhole day of spotting at like midnight it seemed that my period began the flow got...

Can anyone see my point of view. [ 7 Answers ]

I met this girl and we've been hanging out and stuff for a litlle over a month and well I took her to a dance and the whole day went perfect and we kissed and well we totally planned to chill again... Basically this Thursday I got a ring and was going to take her to the spot we first kissed...

Historians point of view. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Reggi and I'm a writer. I started new book, that will reflect human society through centuries, starting from 1520 B.C. I did my own research and plans, yet I want to know what would experienced historian want to see in this type of book, and what information should I provide that...

Ladies Point of view on this [ 8 Answers ]

Ok. I'm going through a serious of waired thoughts and depressed about a situation with my ex girlfriend. We where together for 21/2 years.. Everything went smooth and we got along well, just like a normal relationship. The 2nd year of the relationship we had problems in which I was going out with...

View more questions Search