Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenevive Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 01:23 AM
    5 years relationship hanging
    I am confuse about my 5 years relationship with my boyfriend and suddenly he wants to ask some space because he wants to concentrate on his daughter. He's not married. He had this child when he was in college. We had a bad fight and I was not able to control my feelings and told him bad words about him and also about his daughter but I don't mean any of it. And I told him that I was very sorry about what I've said. What must I do to fix our relationship. I love him still.
    mark25624 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2013, 11:21 PM
    It may have been when you said those words to him that may have caought him off guard.
    And he thinks that maybe it's time to rethink things in general.

Try to stay in touch with him rom time to time.
    Just normal stuff.

And see what happens.

Jan 15, 2013, 02:13 AM
    Thanks mark.. how many weeks or months should I wait for him to talk to me? I'm really feeling miserable right now.. and I saw him in Facebook and seem interested with this girl. He keeps on giving comments on her posts and sharing pictures and likes every post of this girl.. does it mean he is now interested with another woman? Should I let him go?

Jan 15, 2013, 06:35 AM
    I have read many questions from women who ask the same thing as well.
    I think that either they are thinking that their only flirting with other women.
    To which that could give the other mixed signals.
    Men think they know how to flirt.
    But they don't.
    Flirting can do 2 things.
    It can pump up the ego.
    Or! Send mixed signals.
    I don't think for now.
    He is looking for other women.
    Although! He may have heard about it from 1 of his friends in looking for women on social nets.
    I think he's just scouting out the territory.
    To see what is out there.
    With no intention.

I would suggest trying to have him come over for dinner.
    Nothing special.
    Just 2 people talking, sharing what is going on in their lives.

You could wait for him.
    But! It can end up in such a way.
    That if you wait too long.
    He may be off with another.
    But! Also if you speeded up.
    He may turn you down.

You have to find that in between.

You could try to texting him from time to time.
    But not too much.
    Even try calling him.

Depending on the severity of the confrontation.
    Be prepared for whatever he says to you.
    Don't take it too seriously.
    Just work with what he is saying.
    And as he is talking
    Listen to him.their feelings.

And figure out the what, why, how things can be turned around for the better.
    Men are not one's who can display
    But they can sure express it in yelling.
    So you may find yourself being a peacemaker.

I do hope things do work out for the better for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2013, 06:40 AM
    This is going to be hard, since words may be forgiven but seldom are they forgotten. So depending on how he feels about his daughter and if this is the real reason for break up
    ( but I doubt it) those words most likely ended the relationship.

Most most likely he was wanting to end it for other reasons, and daughter was a good excuse that could end it, with hopefully less hard feelings.

He could have course work on relationship with his daughter and still see you, ( unless you were very demanding and needy)

So you can either ask him to go to counseling and try to work though the problems, or honestly you just don't contact "EVER" and move on with your lfie.

Jan 15, 2013, 06:50 AM
    I would have to agree!
    Only he knows the reason(s) why"he needed his space"
    Guys tend to overuse it way too many times.
    To get out out of things.

I think that if all else fails.
    End it and move on.

You can only spend a certain amount of your life.
    Waiting for him.

You don't want to waste your life.

Jan 15, 2013, 07:21 PM
    Thanks again mark.. I did text him and tried to call him but he really won't talk to me.. what if I wait for 3-4 weeks period for him to cool down and I am planning to go to their place and talk to him personally.. but I'm still emotional as of this time and I don't want him to see me like this.. is there any way to win him back? 5 years is 5 years and I'm so affected.. I wonder if he is also affected with our break up.

Jan 15, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Thank you fr chuck.. im also thinking if it is really the reason why he broke up with me.. I am thinking that he fell out of love with me.. because previous months before breaking up, we are not really talking that much due to my schedules and work.. we are in a long distance relationship.. but I wanted to win him back.. I really love him.. as much as I wanted to move on.. I don't want to give up without putting a fight for our relationship.. how can I make him love me back..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was in a relationship for about 3 years why cant I get over it [ 2 Answers ]

Well I was with this girl for 3 years 6 months and she left me for another guy and it has been months but I just cannot seem to stop thinking about her why ?

Relationship of 4 years. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 4 years. She is 29 I am 27. I love her very much. She often discusses our future with me which not always has went down well with me. We have both being living together for nearly 3 years. In year 1/2 I voiced my desire to move away from...

In a relationship for 8 years! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 20-year-old girl in a relationship for the past 8 years. I know this sounds really crazy but yeah, it is going really good, and we both have been placed in two well-reputed MNCs. We are in our final year B.tech in different colleges. I am a Brahmin and he a Marwari from the same...

My aunt said there is something hanging out of her something is just hanging? [ 1 Answers ]

OK my aunt is 38 weeks pregnant and she has been hurting in her pelvic bone today just a few minutes ago she said there is something hanging out of her down their what could that be

2 years and still not sure if I want this relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Ive been dating this girl for to a little over 2 years, I think I love her but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the level of relationship that I should be in. I'm now a senior in high school and I've been having a real hard time the last few weeks because I don't know if I really want to be in this...

View more questions Search