Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linz_legrand Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2005, 10:15 PM
    Injured foot...
    I think I've possibly fractured my foot but I'm not 100% sure. As I was walking through my living room, my right baby toe got caught on a chair leg and was bent back. I just thought I had stubbed my toe, but I woke the next morning to a very swollen, bruised foot. The swelling and pain persisted so I went to the doctor. A conventional x-ray showed nothing and I was told I had "tissue trauma." It's now been 3 weeks since my unfortunate event and my foot continues to swell and bruise, and hurt when I put too much pressure on it. I am a very active dancer for my high school team and very dedicated to my team so stopping is not an option. My team is also working on a routine with lifts and this is what hurts most because of the pressure I have to apply to my foot when I land. I have toughed this out for 3 weeks and I will continue to for the sake of my team, but I am concerned that I have a risk of breaking my foot completely. Could someone please give me some advice as to how I can protect my foot until dance season is over and I can go to a doctor? Thanks for any advice in advance!

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Injured Ankle [ 4 Answers ]

I injured my ankle a month ago in my ice skating show. My blade got caught and I fell. I was fine but then, my ankle was swollen for about 3 weeks. So, I thought I sprained or just twisted my ankle. ( I didn't see a doctor) It went away and started to heal. But then, somehow it must've gotten hurt...

Injured passenger needs advice! [ 6 Answers ]

I was involved in an auto accident. I had a passenger in my car. My passenger was injured and still requires surgery. He does not have the money for the surgery nor do I. Neither I or the other driver were issued any tickets saying the accident was either of our faults. I know that the other...

Injured child [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was injured at birth (head injury). She is developmentally delayed and has some motor issues. What I would like to know is, is there any hope of some semblance of a near normal life?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.