Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anthony Prince Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Statute of Limitations
    If I last paid my credit card on 03/04/2010 when does the statute of limitations expire? I live in Maryland.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2013, 08:43 AM
    The SOL is 3 years, but it may not go by your last payment. SOL laws ca be very complex and subject to case law.

An SOL just governs the window in which a creditor can file suit. The debt never expires.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
    In Maryland, the statute of limitations (SOL) for debt collection varies depending on the type of account and agreement. The SOL prevents creditors from filing a lawsuit after a certain number of years but does not stop the creditor from contacting you once the SOL lapses. The clock starts ticking on the SOL on the day you default, the day the debt was written off, or the date of last activity depending on the wording of the contract or agreement. If you acknowledge the debt as yours, that is considered renewing the date of last activity and the SOL begins anew.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the statute of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

For the state to indict me on a felony for my second DWR

Statute of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on a felony drug charge in the state of virginia :confused:

Statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations is for conspiracy to commit a crime an robbery?

Statute of limitations [ 4 Answers ]

I was married in thailand and moved to canada, my wife left me and never saw her for 10 years, the question is, am I still legally married or am I free to marry again ? Without getting devorce in canada, is their a statute of limitations when you cannot find her, please help

View more questions Search