Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HHRoadtrip Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2005, 08:08 PM
    Tsunami speed
    I have read and heard that tsunamis are capble of moving across the ocean at up to 700 mph. Additionally, that the speeds correlate with the square root of the depth at which the earthquake occurred. This seems counterintuitive to me.

Can anyone give me an explanation of why the relationships (of speed and depth) are as they are?

Thanks for any insights.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Internet speed [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any programs out there that can help my computer surf the web better/faster? I have an old computer to give you an idea of its... I don't know... preformance I can barely run Asherons call on this computer, I tried morpheous, but I think its gearedtowards dial-up rather then ADSL (which I...

Speed formula help [ 6 Answers ]

OK I am taking my first physics class and I am not doing too great in it, but the good thing is this is only the first week of class. My question is about the speed formula. I know that the formula is S=D/T, but I still get the problems wrong even thow I plug in the numbers right. Here is an...

Speed [ 3 Answers ]

Ok before I start telling you the problem I'll have you know that I have : Learned sport Taekwondo for 4 years Learned brawl Taekwondo for 2 years Learned Ninjitsu for 1 year Worked out at the gym for 1 year Ok,the problem is that I am really big for my age,I'm 13 and a half years old and...

Tsunami [ 2 Answers ]

Will there be any tsunamis at southeast asia?or maybe an earthquake?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.