Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyr3d Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 11:55 AM
    About Unwanted Hair in areas it shouldn't be.
    :confused: Hello, all. I am a very Young Lady, and I have unwanted hair growth in places that I would have never thought I would have hair grow. I Started to notice hair growing around the neck area breast area my junior year. And I know as scary as that sounds, It wasn't much so I would tweeze it away. I hadn't tried waxing or bleaching at the time because well, I never thought of it at that time. Well now I've been out of H.S for a few years, and I see that these unwanted hairs aren't disappearing. It's annoying, disgusting in my opinion as a woman to have hair there, around the breast/nipples, neck area(although lighter) and even belly. NO it's not normal. And I'm fed up with it. I have tried electrolysis as a remedy, although I bet it works, I didn't have the money to go back again, It didn't hurt at all. I felt a tiny sting during treatment but nothing I couldn't handle. Well I wasn't making money, so I couldn't go back. It wasn't that expensive either.So what other remedies can I try? Natural remedies if any. Or is electrolysis my only option? Maybe change my diet?
    ** I do want to say that my menstrual cramps are not normal, Maybe this is why I get the unwanted hairs.? Do you know if there is any correlation there?** I get nauseous, I can' t really move, I have extreme pain. It's not a fun time every month. I did get some birth control pills from my doctor, They work wonders, but I don't have insurance, and they have expired so Tyelnol :( will have to do for now, which by the way doesn't help me half as much as the other birth control did. So what other over the counter medications could I take for this horrible pain due to cramps I get every month that will control the fatigue, vomiting and intense pain?

Thanks A bunch!
    Lola
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
    I have the same problem, except I'm a guy, and, well, I have hair growing on my...
    I would rather not say it, but does anyone know why or have a solution?
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 16, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Extra hair growth can be a sign of hormonal problems so it may be worth a visit to your dr. It can also be made worse by being overweight. You can get home electrolysis kits that work well. I bought one for about £20 a few years back, and it works wonders (I am overweight and get hairs on my chin!) so that might be worth investing in.
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 16, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiffy
    Extra hair growth can be a sign of hormonal problems so it may be worth a visit to your dr. It can also be made worse by being overweight. You can get home electrolysis kits that work well. I bought one for about £20 a few years back, and it works wonders (I am overweight and get hairs on my chin!) so that might be worth investing in.
    If I stop doing what I did when the hair started growing, will it stop? Cause I rememver doing something really weird right before it started.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Mar 16, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Ladyr3d-get some information on evening primrose oil. It is good for PMS as well as other conditions. I use it for prsoriasis and pms and love it.
    ladyr3d Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Thanks all of u. No I am not over weight. I am 5'3 and weigh 126-28 pounds(give or take a few) I started to gain weight my junior year but not much I was maybe 136 by jr year the end of my SR year I reached 145 and two summers ago I went to weight watchers and the gym and lost the 15 pounds. But the hair is still creepin' up on me. I don't like it. Some people tell me It's not noticeable, But I notice it. So its not a good thing to have these unwanted hairs.
    ** Yes hormonal problems. That's what my doctor told me, she said she would do some blood work, but I don't think she did. Electrolysis is going to have to do for now.
    Thanks Missk for the answer on PMS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whitening in some areas. [ 1 Answers ]

How do you whiten your bebe area - specifically on the sides , your underarms & the bottom of your butt? Please I need your help.

Unwanted blue hair [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is blonde and very porous. I changed hair color to a darker blonde and it had a blue base in it. It did great on the roots but where my hair was already colored blonde it turned it blue. What do I do to get this out. Should I use a toner with an olive base? Thanks in advance for any help.

Glycolic peels and Hot areas [ 1 Answers ]

I've a question, I'm living in Europe and the climate in summer is not as hot as in India... I'm using Glycolic peels will it make my skin too sensitive to the very hot wheather... wot should I do... guide me

Unwanted Hair Color [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair a kind of lite brown and my hair is starting to grow.. i hve like an inch an a 1/2 of new growths... i really don't want this hair color any more i want my hair the same color as my new growth which is really dark... some people say i should let it grow out but does that mean that i...

Need help in certain areas of my game. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 6''2 15 year old 157 pound SF/PF/C sophomore. I have a great post up game, just about no one can stop me when I get the ball down low. I have a great shot that can hit the 3 if needed. I'm a good defended who keeps players away from the hoop and gets a steal here and there. But here is...

View more questions Search