Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarnett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 12:58 PM
    What causes your toilet to bubble
    I just had my septic tank pumped out but now when I use the washing machine, my toilet starts to bubble and water is backing up in the shower. What could be the problem?
    gaets1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 02:48 PM
    A lot of times it is simply a vent problem. Either clogged or not installed properly.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 04:40 PM
    Hi Sarnett

Sounds like the main drain line is partially plugged up. This could be a coincidence not connected to the pumping of the tank, or it could be as a direct result of pumping the tank and something getting stuck up inside the tank inlet piping... maybe?

Either way, sounds like you need to snake the main drain from the septic tank inlet toward the house, or snake the main drain from the house to the tank... may even want to call the septic guy and see if he can/wants to help here!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my toilet bubble? [ 2 Answers ]

We have two bathrooms and both toilets bubble, but one of them decided that the toilet only flushes when it wants to, and the sink drains into the tub, and the tub doesn't want to drain. But my other bathroom is just fine other than the toilet bubbling. We have the rotorooters over and they snaked...

Toilet Bubble [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently heard a bubble from my upstairs toilet on two separate days this week, both times I have a clog in one of the two upstairs toilets. Is this the cause or is there another reason for this. There is no smell and as far as I can tell there has been no backup into a sink or...

How to stop toilet bubble [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet down stairs when I flush bubbles come some time it come when without flashing .toilet not connect with anything

Bubble toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Our toilet bubbles and double flushes after every use. Is this something to be concerned about? Should we call Rotor Roter? :eek:

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 2 bath home, ranch style. The toilet and shower in the master are fine, as is the kitchen sink and the laundry room. In the main bath, my toilet won't drain, when plunged out it backs into the tub drain. Also, when I run the water in the tub, it makes the toilet bubble. Same thing...

View more questions Search