Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Determining the Value of a Used Guitar
    I have a used Stella Guitar I wish to sell. What is the best way to determine its value and what, other than its physical condition determines value.

Who or what type of businesses would give me an reliable assessment ?
    Bill95jaguar Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 10:16 PM
    Might be a bit late, considering the date of your post, but I would say you should try going into various pawn shops or music shops that take used gear. Don't say that you want to sell it to them though; make up a story about how you just want an appraisal, or something like that. This might prevent them from giving you too low a price. If you do this, I would advise you put on new strings, set it up as best you can, and clean it, simply to try and make it look as good as possible beforehand.

Also, you could try joining a guitar forum online, as there are plenty of people on such sites you could ask to get information, provided you post pictures and give as many details about the guitar as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar! Guitar!. need an online guru!. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay.. here's the thing: I have an electric guitar on me with a mini-amp and I love playing with it but I want to learn how to actually play it. After repeated 'playing' I have learned the strokes and fingering a little bit on my own but without some theoretical understanding, I don't seem to...

Guitar [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to play the guitar really well if so I have a few questions for you that I think could help me with my playing

Guitar [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix the input jack on my electric guitar, I guess it was loose, and fell inside my guitar. I have an epiphone dot archtop, so I was able to get it out through the opening on the side of my guitar, but the jack is connected to a wire, and I don't know how to get it back to the hole and...

Which guitar do I get? [ 5 Answers ]

I have $250. Should I get the douglas wrl 595 emg ice blue Douglas WRL 595 EMG Ice Blue at HomeOld Or the esp ex 260 ESP EX-260 Thanks, ...

Guitar Hero/Guitar Hero II for PS3 help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I don't have a PS2 'cause I made a mistake by waiting for the PS3 to come out forever, but SINCE IT'S FINALLY COMING OUT... I'm going to get it. And the first games I want are Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II. I want to know if it'll play on my Play Station 3 since it's made for Play...

View more questions Search