Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceilingtile Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jan 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Shoulder pain constant ache and trouble sleeping
    I have had shoulder pain for the last 5 weeks. Caused by my occupation as a personal support worker for 28 years. And probably overuse of the right arm/shoulder. The ultrasound shows no tear of the rotator cuff and doctor has advised me to consider a cortisone injection. I have been taking anti-inflammatories for the past 5 weeks with little effect. Naproxen 500 mg twice daily. I am on modified work and barely using the right arm for anything.

I am49 and in otherwise good health. Would cortisone be okay in the soft tissues of shoulder
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
    Some people feel helped, some don't, a few feel pain from the shot.
    I take ibuprofin for shoulder pain and find it hard to sleep because I can only sleep on my sides. I have a feather pillow under it, below my regular pillow for my head, and that helps.
    I would try one shot and see how it goes.
    There are tiny needles and you can ask for tiny shots in more than one spot. It might cost more and your doctor might not have that option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 Months Pregnant With Constant Pain After Laying/Sleeping On Back or Side.. [ 1 Answers ]

5 Months Pregnant. Every time I Lay Down On My Back or Side I Always Get This Constant Pain In My Right Side. && It Doesn`t Go Away Until I`ve Been Sitting Up For A While. Anyone Have The Same or Know About Thiis?

Shoulder pain, wrist numbness, shooting pain in leg [ 1 Answers ]

I have been experiencing dull aching left shoulder pain ( heart is OK... been checked out). My left wrist is numb to touch. I was having left hand weakness and some trembling but that seems to have subsided. I have sporadic shooting pain down left leg, groin aches. All of this comes and goes.

Have trouble sleeping - can wake up 8 times in the night... What's the trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have trouble with my sleep. Have passed many test, like sleep apnea and do not have sleep apnea. If not that, what's wrong with me?

Tummy ache and pain in both nipples [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I have got really bad tummy pains and pain in my nipples and I am allso finding sex painfull what's wrong with me ?

Pain in shoulder [ 1 Answers ]

I have got a sharp pain on my shoulder blade it starts up during the night ,my hands get pins and needles as well ,it is on my right side ,but previous to this I had a stiff neck ,my g.p says its joint pain is this so or should I get a second opinion.:rolleyes:

View more questions Search