Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kim_mi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 11:08 AM
    covering concrete bricks
    We have a patio area on the side of our house that consists of concrete "bricks" about 6x8. They are uneven, grass comes up in between, and I am looking for suggestions as to what we can do to clean it up. Could we have cement poured over top of it all to make one nice pad? We are not do it yourself-ers, and are looking for the most reasonable (time and money) way to go about this project.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Mar 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kim_mi
    We have a patio area on the side of our house that consists of concrete "bricks" about 6x8. They are uneven, grass comes up in between, and I am looking for suggestions as to what we can do to clean it up. Could we have cement poured over top of it all to make one nice pad? We are not do it yourself-ers, and are looking for the most reasonable (time and money) way to go about this project.
    Well... you probably have a few options here. If you want to keep the brick surface without the "un-eveness" and grass, you'll have to pull up the bricks - remove the exposed grass - grade the area - install a weed barrier (a sheet of plastic will work) - back-fill with sand and then re-set the bricks. Or... if you want to replace the bricks with a concrete slab or pad... pull up the bricks - remove the grass - grade the area - set forms for the concrete and pour new concrete. It's going to be a little work either way you go. Maybe you can find some neighborhood kids to help with the job. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to find yoga bricks? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering it anyone knew where I could buy fairly inexpensive <<cute>> yoga bricks. The colors are a little monotonous; are there any patterned bricks? (If not then that's a great new business idea).

Covering redness [ 1 Answers ]

My skin can get pretty sensitive to heat, temperature change, stress, as well as the usual embarrassment factor. It's an extreme case of flushing in those kinds of situations. Anyway, is there something that I can buy (that is inexpensive) and use to cover up the blotchy redness? I get it on my...

Asbestos siding removal/covering [ 5 Answers ]

I have just purchased a home in Norfolk VA that has asbestos siding. I would like to find out if I can remove it, and replace with Certianteed siding panels, or can I place the panels directly on top of the original asbestos.

Covering maple tree roots [ 3 Answers ]

I have two red maples in my lawn whose roots I want to cover with mounds of "river rock" (about the size of tennis balls). Any problem?

View more questions Search