Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trident666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Alexanderite (Natural) - Bought in 1978
    This is a question and re-introduction.
    I've had my email hijacked last year and no longer have access to it.
    Soooooo, now I'm trident666 vice tailhook77.

Question is kind of the same since I asked it in '09... but more.

I am selling my estate and moving overseas.
    One of the things I'm selling is a .31 ct natural Alexanderite that I bought in 1978 when I worked in Wash. D.C. and the jeweler had several stones sent down from NYC.

I've had it appraised by a Dallas professional gem appraiser (redacted form attached) but now I'm trying to find a venue to sell it.

Does anyone know where the best area to sell it is... I would say eBay but I don't think there are any "natural" stones being sold there... I believe (based on their price) that all are manufactured stones.

Twinkiedooter & enchantedvision: Any ideas??

HELLLLLPPPPP??
    trident666

Thanks much
    gyoung555 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 10:19 PM
    A 1/3ct Natural stone, Well cut , with a strong color change and crisp colors are available with a phone call in the trade for around $400-$1200. If you can I would find a good privately owned jeweler and try and have it sold on consignment. It may take time or not and you should find the they will work for a % of the sale price.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am working on posting adjusting entries. Bought equipment may 3 $4700, bought vehic [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on posting adjusting entries. Bought equipment may 3 $4700, bought vehicle may 18 $31000, and bought furniture June 22 $3300. The adjustments for July are depreciation: $400 equipment, $210 furniture and $650 vehicles. I know what accounts they need to go under just not sure of the...

I have a 1978 kz 650 [ 3 Answers ]

1978 kz 650 it starts but blows blue gray smoke through the exhaust pipes. There is also Oil build up in the exhaust pipes and has low power what might this be?

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

1978 kz650 [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I get done riding my 1978 kawasaki kz650 B2 it starts to leak fuel. It is not a constant pour, but about every thirty seconds it drains 2-3 ounces. Any ideas of what's wrong?

View more questions Search