Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UncloudedEyes Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Jan 11, 2013, 02:09 PM
    What are the small animal rights in Canada?
    I've recently become an active animal protester, and have several projects involving small animals going on; I've tried researching online what the complete animal right laws in Canada are, and in particular small animals (rodents, particularly rats). If anyone knows a site with the complete list and details about animal rights in Canada, or what rodent rights in Canada are, please answer back!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
    You'll have to provide more specific information. Which province? There are certain provinces in Canada, Alberta being one, that have no rats, either pets or wild. The only law in Alberta about rats, as far as I know, is that you're not allowed to own one, or bring one into the province.

So knowing which province you're in will help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Contact one or more of the many animal rights organizations which exist in Canada. An Internet search will give you both Provincial and
    Canadian laws and regulations.

At one point I was very active in animal rescue - it is important that you not been seen as a radical, or no one will want to work with you or listen to you. Make certain you are 100% correct and grounded.

Jan 11, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You'll have to provide more specific information. Which province? There are certain provinces in Canada, Alberta being one, that have no rats, either pets or wild. The only law in Alberta about rats, as far as I know, is that you're not allowed to own one, or bring one into the province.

So knowing which province you're in will help.
    It doesn't have to be a specific province, just the general rights in Canada. But if specific provinces are needed, the maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc... ) would be where I'm focusing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by UncloudedEyes View Post
    It doesn't have to be a specific province, just the general rights in Canada. But if specific provinces are needed, the maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, ect...) would be where I'm focusing.
    It does have to be specific. Like I said, Alberta has no rats, not in the wild, and not as pets. Every province has different laws regarding pets. It goes by province, not by country. It's the same in the States. So you will need to research by province.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...57700187,d.cGE

Here's some info on New Brunswick.

If you Google "small animal rights" and the province you're interested in, you'll find tons of info. :)

Jan 11, 2013, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It does have to be specific. Like I said, Alberta has no rats, not in the wild, and not as pets. Every province has different laws regarding pets. It goes by province, not by country. It's the same in the States. So you will need to research by province.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...57700187,d.cGE

Here's some info on New Brunswick.

If you google "small animal rights" and the province you're interested in, you'll find tons of info. :)
    Thanks so much :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claim outside canada? [ 11 Answers ]

My relative who is Canadian citizen owed me CAD$17,000. I'm based here in Singapore. I wired the money using my bank account here. My relative doesn't entertain my calls, text and email messages. What should do to get my money back? Do I need to got the Canadian consulate here in Singapore to file...

Small claims in Ontario Canada [ 1 Answers ]

If I have summoned somebody to to small claims court in Ontario, Canada, can I cancel the suit before the trial and what would the penalties be for doing that?

Last Night, Some Sort of Small, Furry Animal, Gained Access to the Inside of My Home! [ 44 Answers ]

It wasn't a mouse and also wasn't flying. A bit of background... I own a really nice, old home. I've had many student recitals here as well as parties for friends and/or neighbors. Old homes need a lot of maintenance, though. Mine now needs a lot of maintenance! There are holes in my...

Psychedelic movie with a small animal [ 2 Answers ]

I think it was with a mouse. It was a watercolor type animation. This mouse is trying to find someone, like his father or something. The scene I remember the most, I think was at the bottom of the ocean or some body of water and the mouse saw a tin can with a picture on it, within another...

Animal Rights and San Diego Zoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Everyone, How are you? I usually do not like to visit zoos because not all of them treat animals in the right way. However, I have heard many good things about San Diego Zoo, but would like to verify that either with a respectable Web site or with an animal rights activist before I visit the...

View more questions Search