Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty1205 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 09:07 PM
    Inquiry
    I got my period Dec. 19 to 25, 2012. On Dec. 25, 2012 I started using pills. Next period is due Jan. 18.

On Jan. 2, 6, 7 and 8 (at around past 7am), have sex on pills. At night of Jan. 8, I stopped taking my pills for I misplaced it.

Jan. 10, I started light bleeding and later turned out to a little bit heavy. My breasts are sore, lower back pain.

What am I experiencing. I am bothered. Thanks so much.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 05:53 AM
    What other protection did you use, since the pills would not have been in effect since you just started taking them, you have to be taking them a full month before they are in effect.

So of course pregnancy could be an issue.

But also, you stopped talking pills for two days which would try to bring on a period. Missing with your body's timing.

You need to find a way not to forget the pills, they are not near as effective when you do not take them properly

Jan 14, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Thanks so much for your answer Fr_Chuck.

No other protection aside from the pills. Since January 8, I stopped taking the pills. I was only able to take 15 pills before stopping

So it means, the pills may have not been in effect from the time I took them and have sex (even though I am on pills while having sex)?

Anyway, the bleeding last from Jan. 10 to 11 only. And I am still awaiting for my next period which is Jan. 18.

Any answer or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Yes, pills have little and really no effect when you start taking them, you have to be on them, normally almost a full 30 days before they are really effective.

So yes, when you had sex, you were not really "on the pills" and they would have offered little protection from pregnancy

Jan 14, 2013, 05:19 PM
    [QUOTE=kitty1205;3369633]Thanks so much for your answer Fr_Chuck.

No other protection aside from the pills. Since January 8, I stopped taking the pills. I was only able to take 15 pills before stopping

So it means, the pills may have not been in effect from the time I took them and have sex (even though I am on pills while having sex)?

Anyway, the bleeding last from Jan. 10 to 11 only. And I am still awaiting for my next period which is Jan. 18.

Any answer or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Jan 14, 2013, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, pills have little and really no effect when you start taking them, you have to be on them, normally almost a full 30 days before they are really effective.

So yes, when you had sex, you were not really "on the pills" and they would have offered little protection from pregnancy
    So there is a possibility that even though I have pills during sex on jan. 2, 6, 7 and 8 the pills may not be functioning yet then?

Can I take a pt?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty1205 View Post
    So there is a possibility that even though i have pills during sex on jan. 2, 6, 7 and 8 the pills may not be functioning yet then?

can i take a pt?
    Not just a possibility. You have to take the pill for a full month before they become affective, and even then they're not 100% effective. This should have been explained to you when you were prescribed the pills. For the first month you need to use an alternate form of birth control in order to be better protected. The fact that you had sex shortly after starting the pill means you had unprotected sex.

You started your period because you stopped taking the pills.

Wait until your scheduled period is due. If it doesn't come, then take a pregnancy test using first morning urine, around 2 weeks after your period was due. If that test is negative, wait until your next scheduled period. If you miss it as well then try another test, or see your doctor for a blood test.

Jan 15, 2013, 08:45 PM
    Anyway, as of today, I have milk white discharge, some hips and back cramps!

Jan 15, 2013, 09:07 PM
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2013, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty1205 View Post
    Pregnancy cannot be diagnosed by symptoms.

Jan 15, 2013, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Pregnancy cannot be diagnosed by symptoms.
    Thanks a lot :)

Jan 20, 2013, 11:46 PM
    Dec. 19, to 25, 2012 I got my period. Next period is due on JAN. 18 (I have a regular 30-day cycle).

I started taking TRUST PILLS (new user) on Dec. 25, 2012. Unfortunately, I am not consistent with taking hours, I am sometimes 30 minutes earlier or some hour late.

Jan. 2, 6, 7 and 8 (morning around past 7am), I have sex. On Jan. 8, night time, I forgot to take my pill because I have misplaced the same, hence, on said date, I stopped taking it already.

Jan. 10 and 11, I got bleeding (pad half-filled with blood from morning to night). Then got some breast soreness, nausea, cramping, sleepiness, low back pain, headache and fatigue. Some of these symptoms have subsided but are sometimes present.

It is now Jan. 21 and still no period, no sign either that it is coming.

What am I experiencing? Thanks a lot.
    Pets Expert

Jan 21, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Kitty, again, we cannot diagnose online. Do you know what diagnose means? It means that we cannot tell you what's going on, based on symptoms. We can give you a list of possibilities, it's a very long list, and you can choose one that suits you, but it won't be a diagnosis, it will be a guess, and you'll have a list of hundreds of possibilities to choose from.

We already told you that pregnancy is possible. So wait until your period is at least 2 weeks late, and then try a pregnancy test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, then wait until your next period is due and if you miss it, test again or get a blood test.

Really, there's no other information we can offer. Absolutely none. Do you understand that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contraception inquiry [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I was on the microgynon 30 (combined pill), and took the pills all correctly. On the 7 day pill free week, I stopped. I bled for the first 5 days, and on the 7th day I was not bleeding. I had sex on this seventh day. Is ity possible that I am pregnant or am I protected. Thank You

Pertaining the looking inquiry [ 2 Answers ]

Would you cheat if you could get away with it ? - Topix On an interesting side note see above link... so, then, if intimacy has nothing to do with sex, then why do people get upset when their mate cheats? This really does not make sense to me. So pertaining to my other question about "looking" and...

Algorithm Inquiry [ 1 Answers ]

I have an amount of $1.85 that I have to convert into quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. The following is what I have come up with: Q = Amount/25 Amount = Amount - 25 * Q D = Amount/10 Amount = Amount - 10 * D N = Amount/5 Amount = Amount - 5 * N

View more questions Search