Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 17, 2013, 01:04 PM
    I once went through about a week (maybe less, it seemed like forever) of intense paranoia.
    I can't explain it, but it was like a scene in a very scary movie when something is about to happen but I didn't know what. Every swirl of leaves, every bird, every car going by, but mostly what anyone said to me, no matter what it was - was frightening. It went away as fast as it arrived.
    People do suffer from long term paranoia, so keep in mind that it's a possibility, and also doctors can be wrong.
    One doctor talks to you and suggests that your doctor prescribe anti-anxiety drugs, and they don't work.
    I think you need to be seen by a psychiatrist, or a psychologist who can see you several times.
    kaylagirl Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2013, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No you think people touch their nose is about you, or your flaws. For others its about the room of laughing people. Both are examples of being extremely self conscious about yourself.

You have become obsessed over this.
    No I have not became obsessed.
    Just explaining how I feel. Thought I would get better feed back . Was Hoping the other people that has been experiencing the same thing would also write .

Apr 20, 2013, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagirl View Post
    No I have not became obsessed.
    Just explaining how I feel. Thought I would get better feed back . Was Hoping the other people that has been experiencing the same thing would also write .
    I also know that they do it to me because there looking at me an staring . I catch them doing it.. all the time .

Apr 20, 2013, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I once went through about a week (maybe less, it seemed like forever) of intense paranoia.
    I can't explain it, but it was like a scene in a very scary movie when something is about to happen but I didn't know what. Every swirl of leaves, every bird, every car going by, but mostly what anyone said to me, no matter what it was - was frightening. It went away as fast as it arrived.
    People do suffer from long term paranoia, so keep in mind that it's a possibility, and also doctors can be wrong.
    One doctor talks to you and suggests that your doctor prescribe anti-anxiety drugs, and they don't work.
    I think you need to be seen by a psychiatrist, or a psychologist who can see you several times.
    I don have medical or insurance.. I'll figure something out though thanks .
    1102568 Posts: 65, Reputation: -1

Apr 20, 2013, 06:07 PM
    maybe these people are bullying you? Are these random people or are they people at school/work that you see often? Perhaps they are doing it on purpose to get to you.

Apr 20, 2013, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1102568 View Post
    maybe these people are bullying you? Are these random people or are they people at school/work that you see often? Perhaps they are doing it on purpose to get to you.
    Ya I think some people do just to get under my skin.. random people any body an everyone... I don understand . I have never had this problem either. I ask people what? An they say nothing . Makes me feel like there embarrassed to tell me or look at me like ( u really don't know. )

Apr 21, 2013, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagirl View Post
    Ya I think some people do just to get under my skin .. random people any body an everyone ...I don understand . I have never had this problem either. I ask people what? An they say nothing . Makes me feel like there embarrassed to tell me or look at me like ( u really don't know. )
    I was at the store today an my mom even noticed people doing it ;(
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 21, 2013, 02:50 PM
    kaylagirl, we keep telling you that if there is nothing strange or provocative about how you look, or if you don't smell, then it's all in your mind - you are imagining it. Yet now you say that your mother noticed it too. Maybe she did, maybe she is just giving in to you. The only thing I could possibly think of that is happening is that YOU are glaring at them in fear or anger at anticipation of being stared at.
    I am really worried for you, and think that you need to see a psychiatrist. I know it's very real to you, but if people have no reason to stare, then they are not! We aren't there! Find a therapist who is willing to walk around a city block with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

People rub their noses around me -- why? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am having the same problem. What's up with this? I do t think it's bad breadth. My family even rubs/touches their nose when I talk.

People always rub their nose around me and I can't figure out why! [ 9 Answers ]

For the last 3 and a half months people have treated me differently, like I have something on my nose. They itch their nose, play with their nose and look at me weird. Ill walk by someone and they will look at me like I have a deformity or something and itch their nose. I have tried everything from...

People rub their nose around me? HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... Ive been addicted to weed for about a couple of months. I used to smoke everyday throughout my whole junior year of high school. I quit smoking on July 16th 2010. And ever since then I've noticed something weird. Every time I breathe people rub their nose. Like I could be 20 feet away and...

I usually speak through nose, people can't able to get what I say. [ 3 Answers ]

If any wan't to suggest me to my problem, *** personal email deleted as it is against site policy for off board contact

Leaky nose in elderly people [ 2 Answers ]

Does fixodent denture adhesive contain zinc

View more questions Search