Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Sample functional resume (recent h.s. grad)
    ABBY LANE
    123 North Avenue
    Oshkosh, WI 12345
    (555) 555-5555
    [email protected]

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

Offer professional-quality administrative assistant skills and an excellent work ethic
    Am responsible, punctual, dependable, and have excellent time-management skills.
    Quickly comprehend and follow established procedures and safety rules
    Work well independently and and in a team environment
    Possess very strong problem-solving skills
    Have basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PhotoShop) and am teaching myself JavaScript, HTML, and Python

SPECIAL PROJECTS
    Robotics competition -- helped build robot, worked with various saws, drill presses, measuring tape, and other tools/equipment in the high school metal shop.
    * Made sure everyone worked at high-safety levels when using various dangerous tools.
    * Focused on high degree of accuracy when measuring with ruler and measuring tape to cut the right amount of materials, used special markers to note where to drill holes, made sure all parts were correctly located.
    * Communicated effectively with classmates and faculty to create and draw plan for robot.

Warehouse worker/Package handler, Wisconsin Food Harvest
    * Coordinated with other workers to package foods into the correct containers and label them correctly.
    * Ensured all food was stacked neatly on pallets before being moved by forklift.

DECA member (international association of high school and college students and teachers of marketing, management, and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service) -- dressed professionally, learned about entrepreneurship and careers in hospitality/tourism/business/finance, played team building/leadership exercises, practiced job interviewing, met with high-level professionals for connections to jobs.

Fund raising -- worked with two classmates to obtain funding for the high school principal for a new industrial arts classroom.

WORK HISTORY
    Child care -- implement parents’ rules, gently discipline as necessary, engage them in specific learning activities, dispense medication per parents’ instructions, feed them as needed, put them to bed as requested, help with other household chores.

Newspaper delivery – sorted and stuffed newspapers before delivery, distributed to residences on a designated route and on schedule, engaged in monetary transactions with customers and central newspaper office, maintained customer accounts.

EDUCATION
    ABC High School, Oshkosh, WI (2008)

Check out some similar questions!

Suffering recent college grad [ 6 Answers ]

I interned at a hospital accredited program and after I need to take my boards to become a license scientist. The board agency sent 6 repeated emails for him to verify my completion and he has still not returned it and it's been about 2 months. I can not get any job without this license and the...

Recent Grad who is going I to the work force needs a few questions answered [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I just graduated from colleg and about to enter the work force and I have a few questions that hopefully some more expierenced (not calling anyone here old) people on here can answer these questions for me... first I will give you a little back ground : I majored in psychology so I am looking...

Recent college grad with criminal history [ 6 Answers ]

I recently graduated from college with a degree in Public Relations. I got good grades and have also consistently held a job since I was fifteen. The problem is that I partied pretty hard through my first two years of college and established significant police record during this time including;...

Future Grad school on resume? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm attending a career fair next week at my undergraduate institute(I'm a senior right now). I know that in September, I will be attending graduate school at another college to get my Master's. Should I put that on my resume? If so, what should it look like? Right now, the education part of my...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search