Ask
    kaosjin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Garage pad
    Building garage pads
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 08:51 AM
    What would you like to know and have you already put down a gravel base?

Mar 16, 2007, 09:25 AM
    I know nothing, I want to measure the area, put wood for boarding and rebar in it. I guess I have to put gravel first and what grade of cement should I pour.
    Thank you

Mar 16, 2007, 11:11 AM
    No I have not yet put a gravel base, I need to know if there is anything specific I need to know in order to do that.
    Thank you
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
    It is a big task for a home owner because of the material and equipment needed. You need to remove the top soil which may be 3 to 12" deep. Put down and level 6 in of gravel, compact well. Your concrete should be a minimum of 6 in. with wire mesh rather than rebar. I need to let others jump on at this point because I usually pay someone else to form and finish the concrete including a pitch toward the front for drainage.

Mar 16, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Thank you very much ballengerb1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ibm think pad [ 3 Answers ]

I can't fiind a better video driver 4 win 98se I have one vftprw8m it doesn't work, I really need another , this driver runs at 16 color , I need better, plsssss help me

Detached garage pad [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get some information on building a garage starting with the Pad. I am planning on building a 22X26 detached garage. The rough grade was completed about 4 months ago. It is a clay base with no topsoil added yet. Should I get a bobcat in to remove a couple inches or just pack down...

How long must a garage pad cure before you can build on it? [ 1 Answers ]

Once you have your garage pad poured, how long do you have to wait before you start framing your garage? Thanks, lbrowne

Prepping for a garage pad! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey fellas, getting close to starting this project and here is what I got listed so far. 1. Bobcat work, getting a contractor to come in a clear out a patch and remove the topsoil from my property. He'll go down at least 8 inches, and will keep going till he hits the hard clay. 2. I'll rent...

View more questions Search