Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gracedomanski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 04:56 PM
    How does a 12 year old girl become a actress?
    I'm 12 years old almost 13. I've been wanting to act on TV since I was 6. I've been in a few plays and act,sing,dance etc. a lot. I really want to be in a movie. I serch the Internet for hours to find a auditon but there always way to hard to get to them. Any suggestions?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 05:00 PM
    For a child to be an actress, the parents have to not only agree, but want it just as badly as the child. They're the ones that will be taking you to auditions. It may mean flying to an audition, which is costly, and staying at a hotel, which is costly. So really, mom and dad have to be on board.

Auditions are usually all over the world, and hundreds, if not thousands, of child wannabe stars show up. You're competing against all of them.

If this is what you want, you'll have to put in the work, go to all the auditions, have a portfolio to show, and beat out thousands of other kids that are probably just as good, or better, than you are.

You'll have to get used to rejection, because you will get rejected.

But if this is what you want, that's what it will take.

Good luck.
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2013, 05:01 PM
    I was in the same situation myself, but if you can't find play auditions, or movie auditions, then talk to your parents let them know. I'm sure you could always go to an acting camp, and then after create a resume. Try looking for smaller stuff to like commercial openings.

Never Quit!

Also, try googling different stuff like;
    How can a child become an actress?
    Acting Auditions for children?
    Etc, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a 10 year old girl become a singer and a actress [ 5 Answers ]

How do 10 year olds become a kid actress?

How 2 become an 11 year old actress [ 1 Answers ]

Can I post a school play on Youtube as a start or will parents not like their children shown in a play on the internet?

What actress is the roller Girl in the 2005 Coke commercial? [ 4 Answers ]

Who is she?? I emailed Coke and they said they don't give out that information. :confused:

View more questions Search