Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14amerrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 04:27 PM
    Can a virgin wear a white dress with colored details?
    My friend is getting married so she and I were looking at wedding dresses. A dress she liked was white with colored details on the white dress. They are both virgins. Her fiancé is catholic so she wants to respect the catholic tradition of a virgin wearing a white dress. Would this dress be okay?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 04:47 PM
    If all else fails, ask your priest. That is honestly the best advice I can give you.

Wedding dresses being white is a Victorian trend that has lasted into this century. Before that you got married in your best dress, might be red, blue, or green depending on your local superstition. Now the local superstition and custom is for white, or off white depending.

I have seen both to be honest. Brides who were virgins getting married in off white and those who REALLY weren't in white.

I think that sounds like a perfectly acceptable dress. It's white and gives a little flair back to show off your personality.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 04:53 PM
    If we're talking proper etiquette, the white dress doesn't symbolize virginity. The tradition of wearing white is to signify that it's your first marriage. I did a lot of research on this before I got married, because I wanted to wear white, but I wasn't a virgin. It was however my first, and only wedding, so I was able to wear white.

The veil is what signifies virginity. So, if she wants to show that she's a virgin, she should wear a veil.

But, like Odinn suggested, she should talk to the priest. I got married in a Lutheran church, so there weren't many restrictions, I wore an off the shoulder gown, it showed cleavage, and it was okay. Most of my friends are Catholic and they had restrictions on what they could wear. Off the shoulder wasn't allowed, nor was cleavage. It had to be demure. But color was never an issue.

Hope that helps. :)
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 15, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Color is nothing to do with virginity. She can wear color details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you like wear indian ethnic wear dress? [ 3 Answers ]

I belong to India and only follow latest Indian tradition fashion.

What kind of dress & color should I wear for homecoming? [ 3 Answers ]

So I'm going into my Sophomore year and homecoming is coming really fast and I want to look outstanding! I've always gotten black, white, and gray dresses and they all look the same. I want to change the color up. So what color would look best on me? I have blonde hair, green eyes and Fine Ivory...

What Formal Dress Should I Wear? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to know what type and colour dress I should wear to the graduation ball In year 10 I wore green & In year 11 I wore purple I want to wear something different this year, to suit me *Im a short girl at 5ft3, so I don't want a long dress I will trip over, I don't want to wear a...

What type of dress do you wear for a bar mitzvah [ 1 Answers ]

I have light brown hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. I don't know what type of dress to find for a bar mitzvah I'm going to in September. I need to find a color that suits me and a style of dress.. HELP ME!!

What shoes to wear with my dress? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have to go to a wedding so I bought a dark teal bubble dress that ends right before my knees. I didn't really want to wear heels, but if those are the best shoes for the dress I will. Also, on the straps there are some type of wooden beads, so I was thinking brown shoes. I'm not really good...

View more questions Search